[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
sorry this is not tempting at all for me if your have a lot of devices or a big family and don't use alot of data fine you it might and its a big might be worth it, but what about use single ppl that use alot of data its just not worth it. and frankly i would rather pay full price for a phone than be forced to go to these plans so i can keep my unlimited data. or find another carrier with better deals on there plans

saw this on yahoo today sorry if its been posted already.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/verizon-ditch-phone-plans-shared-120639203.html

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok....tried to go back and see if someone else saw it like I did...at least a few ppl did. I just looked at my bill.

I just recently got a family plan. 3 phones: 1 line unlimited, 2 tiered data. Two 4G phones, one 3G. The tiered plans...4G has 10GB, 3G has 2GB. Unlimited talk and text all 3 phones.

If I get the 10GB plan.... I save between $80 - $150 depending on taxes and other features. But I lose unlimited data and 2GB of data... Maybe this sucks for folks that had family plans before tiered plans.....but I have a feeling for some recent family plan customers...this is looking kinda nice. Now...me losing unlimited and 2GB of data is something to think about tho. Verizon needs to add data plans higher than 10GB.

Am I reading something wrong? Depending on when you started your family plan..and which plan you have.....this is a deal. Just seems like the long time family plan customers are getting the short end.

Last edited:

AndyMan

Reaction score
Hopefully the market isnt going to be flooded with S3's bought just to sell and keep the unlimited data.. A few of us have already said thats our plans.. Is the ave joe smart enough to do that??

gohoosiers

Reaction score
This does nothing for me. I currently have 5 lines - 1 smartphone and 4 feature, 700 minute plan, unlimited data on smartphone, unlimited texting on all and pay about $165/mo with 15% employer discount. Never go near the 700 minute limit because kids just text and all of my and my wife's families are on VZW which is unlimited calling. Now I'm looking at $40 + 4($30) = $160 just for access + $50 for 1gb data = $210. So, about $180/mo with my employer discount. 1Gb data is enough for me because I'm on wifi at work all day, but when I finally break down and get the wife and kids smartphones, I will be looking at another $40/month for access and $10-$20/month for data. I've been a VZW customer for 14 years and have always loved the service, but this will drive me elsewhere if other providers don't follow suit.

faganm24

Reaction score
Ok....tried to go back and see if someone else saw it like I did...at least a few ppl did. I just looked at my bill.

I just recently got a family plan. 3 phones: 1 line unlimited, 2 tiered data. Two 4G phones, one 3G. The tiered plans...4G has 10GB, 3G has 2GB. Unlimited talk and text all 3 phones.

If I get the 10GB plan.... I save between $80 - $150 depending on taxes and other features. But I lose unlimited data and 2GB of data... Maybe this sucks for folks that had family plans before tiered plans.....but I have a feeling for ALOT of recent customers...this is looking kinda nice. Now...me losing unlimited and 2GB of data is something to think about tho. Verizon needs to add data plans higher than 10GB.

Am I reading something wrong? Depending on when you started your family plan..and which plan you have.....this is a deal. Just seems like the long time family plan customers are getting the short end.

If you have a current tiered plan with multiple lines, this most likely will save you money. Exception might be the double data promotions that have been going on. If you have unlimited data, this is not a good deal. If you have an old Alltel Family Unlimited Data plan for two phones for $130 with unlimited texting and more minutes (about 500) than you could ever need like me, then this is a terrible alternative.

It truly does matter what you have right now.

revelated

Reaction score
Phone charge = pointless and a dealbreaker. Why not roll that into the sub price of the phone so it's transparent AND NOT monthly?

Methinks there should be some lawsuits considered here. If I buy a device from Verizon I own that device. How can then they then turn around and charge me a monthly fee to have a device when that fee is almost the price of the lowest voice plan? I could maybe see if it were a pay-to-own deal where you can choose to pay $40/month towards the price of the phone and after a year you own it, that's fair. But if they're seriously saying a person should pay $40/month for 2 years...I mean hell, that's almost $1,000 PLUS the price of the phone which could be anywhere from $200 to $800, PLUS the price of the plan.

And it's not even priced based on data consumption - a tablet will consume way more than a phone simply by virtue of the screen size. So that's not the issue either. This reeks of a punitive price structure where they're trying to coerce people into buying tablets which are probably not selling.

This simply cannot be legal. It can't.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
some how i feel that sprint is going to have and overload of new customers :rofl2:

goaliemn

Reaction score
And it's not even priced based on data consumption - a tablet will consume way more than a phone simply by virtue of the screen size. So that's not the issue either. This reeks of a punitive price structure where they're trying to coerce people into buying tablets which are probably not selling.
Tablet will consume more data because it has a larger screen? You have to be kidding. Tablets are cheaper per month because they aren't subsidized by Verizon. Many tablets run large applications that don't use much data. screen size had nothing to do with data consumption

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

monkey_man

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. So far I see Mobile Hotspot is also included on all plans. Wonder what folks have to say about that.....lol. So now..we go back and factor in the old plans with Mobile Hotspot...lol.

Yeah I saw that the first time I read the from OP first post. I decided to have no comment on it lol ... not enough energy for something that they toyed us around with long time ago. Not surprised as now you are under tiered data, but this still not applied to those that are still unlimited.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well...playing around with my plan...I see the option to split the plan. Never noticed that before. I need to find out more info about this. That way...I will just take my unlimited data plan line off and leave the other 2 lines together. Hope its just a straight split and not a higher price overall.