[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you come to that conclusion? And what does that have to do with me saying that I'm one of the few that will be saving money?

Here's how it breaks down for me.
$70 for my plan
$10 for her's
$60 Data ($30x2)
$10 Text for her
$20 nationwide access ($10x2)
=$170
New plan
$80 (2 phones)
$50 1 gb data
=$130
Difference $40

I'm not including taxes and fees or my 22% corp discount. I kept it simple. When factored in it's still about a $40 savings.
Yes, but before you both had UNLIMTED DATA, now you will be paying, what:icon_eek: $50 for 1 Gig, yea that's a better deal, go get some sleep.

monkey_man

Reaction score
How do you come to that conclusion? And what does that have to do with me saying that I'm one of the few that will be saving money?

Here's how it breaks down for me.
$70 for my plan
$10 for her's
$60 Data ($30x2)
$10 Text for her
$20 nationwide access ($10x2)
=$170
New plan
$80 (2 phones)
$50 1 gb data
=$130
Difference $40

I'm not including taxes and fees or my 22% corp discount. I kept it simple. When factored in it's still about a $40 savings.

Don't take me wrong tho... not meant as an insult in anyways. It is much more understandable about the current situation and how it will save you money. Good. Every self experiences are varies and this is why I said "you must be rich :icon_eek:". You are spending $30x2 monthly mate with the additional of home and work internet correct? With the said amount of money you are spending $720/yr for that data alone. You said you are using less than 1GB as you use your faster Wifi. For me tho ok, not telling you what to do. In a way to economize, or aside of the "cool peer pressure", I would get basic phones that will remove that 2x $30 fees and get my self a tablet.

the3dolla

Reaction score
Transfering the upgrade will make your account sign a new two year contract in which you would lose unlimited data as it is not an option any more. Basically you would be forced into a tiered data plan.

I already confirmed this with my buddy at verizon who is exceptionally knowledgeable about their plans and how to get a, round things like this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatal

Hmmm, so if by some crazy magic, I'm able to get Verizon to give me an early upgrade. (1 month!!!, current is July 19th) to get a phone before this, I can't get a phone on subsidized pricing and keep my unlimited!!??

Ahhh, ok, so I would be fine if the miracle of a freaking 1 month early upgrade happens. (just some some replies) I'm not really counting on it. I asked before this announcement and they said no. I asked one more time, with a little begging.

Last edited:

IN AWE

Reaction score
Current
$ 100.00 NT&T 1400 minutes, unlimited text
$ 40.00 4 access fees 2 $10/phone
$ 30.00 3 smartphone unlimited data plans (@ $30/plan less the $20 discount per plan)
$ 170.00 total (plus tax, fees, and insurance)

New
$ 120.00 3 smartphones
$ 30.00 1 dumb phone
$ 80.00 6 gb data plan
$ 230.00 total (plus tax, fees, and insurance)

This doesn't work for me. This would result in a 35% increase and a loss of unlimited data down to a 6 GB plan.

Unacceptable.

I will Take the $60 a month savings for a year for a total of $720 and just buy a phone every year as long as I can. I will just stagger my new devices every year for the three phones, so I need to keep my phones for three years each. I will do this and remain off contract until they force me off or something else better comes along.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Looks like we will stay with 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone as long as we can. When we both had smartphones we never used 1GB together. I was hoping for 1GB for $40 and the ability to keep our old 500 minute for $60 plan. These new rates are a ripoff. If my Inc2 dies after the 2 year contract then I'll just go to a basic phone and something like my wife's Samsung Galaxy 4.0 or just use my Inc2 on wifi. I'm almost always on wifi and normally only use 100MB a month on 3G. We have Verizon home phone connect and only use 200 minutes a month at the most on our cell phones. So if we stay with 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone and the 1GB plan and home phone connect, it would cost me 40+30+50+20=140, instead of 60+30+20=110 for unlimited data on 1 phone. However, if we go to just 2 basic phones then it would cost 60+20=80. However, with unlimited minutes I would drop home phone connect and then it is just 60. So Verizon really makes out on me. I go from spending $110 + fees and taxes to $60 + fees and taxes. Easy dicision for me, as I have wifi available 95% of the time and I can live without data access for the other 5%. Verizon, you might have made my day when my contract is up.

Last edited:

monkey_man

Reaction score
This is too much of a drastic plan by Verizon and I will foresee changes to this plan soon! Once the new changes are applied in the future and we are still not comfortable with it.... How much complaining and energy we have left :biggrin:. Very Smart Verizon!!! Go Worst first as people are tend to complain at the first new changes. Once they see this happening, they will soon change their stance to their original comfortable plan. For an example, when it's supposed to be set @ 2GB for $50, they started it with what we are seeing currently. This is because I guarantee you that when Verizon started of with 2GB for $50, people would start crying and demanding it to be set at 4GB.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Yes, but before you both had UNLIMTED DATA, now you will be paying, what:icon_eek: $50 for 1 Gig, yea that's a better deal, go get some sleep.

It is a better deal if they have never gone over 1GB. When my wife and I both had smartphones, we never hit 1GB together in a month. So what use is your UNLIMITED DATA if someone never exceeds 1GB.

the3dolla

Reaction score
Current
$ 100.00 NT&T 1400 minutes, unlimited text
$ 40.00 4 access fees 2 $10/phone
$ 30.00 3 smartphone unlimited data plans (@ $30/plan less the $20 discount per plan)
$ 170.00 total (plus tax, fees, and insurance)

New
$ 120.00 3 smartphones
$ 30.00 1 dumb phone
$ 80.00 6 gb data plan
$ 230.00 total (plus tax, fees, and insurance)

This doesn't work for me. This would result in a 35% increase and a loss of unlimited data down to a 6 GB plan.

Unacceptable.

I will Take the $60 a month savings for a year for a total of $720 and just buy a phone every year as long as I can. I will just stagger my new devices every year for the three phones, so I need to keep my phones for three years each. I will do this and remain off contract until they force me off or something else better comes along.

Me too!! While, I've enjoyed a crazy good deal saving $100/mo on 5 smartphones with the $20discount; it's soooo hard to give up!! For $100 more / month I can get 8GB to share between 5 people. That's $2400 over two years! If you upgrade each phone every two years, say by buying a $350 six month old model, that would be an extra $1750. Even better deal if you guy an older one yet, I think Razrs are down to like $220 on ebay/craigslist. So, still saving $375 each year. That's not counting the fact that when you get "subsidized pricing" you end up paying $200 to $300 anyways!! So, lets say even $100 each, that's $500 added to savings and now. My mom is expecting a new phone in a month, gonna have to break it to her soon that she has to pay full price! Well, a used iPhone 4s is around $450, heck a new one on Apple's site off contract is only $550. Crap..

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
may I ask, how did you get a 64gig micro SD Card to work on your Rezound, I thought only 16&32 gig cards worked.

I took out the 16gig card it came with and put in a 64gig card.

But seriously, had it for 4+ months and it works fine. Just format it with the phone. It used to like to "forget" my music, but either upgrading to ICS or using Winamp seems to have fixed that.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
cybertec69 said:

You're right we have unlimited data but we never used it. Look at it from my perspective. I've been overpaying for data that I never used. I'm not happy that I'll be losing unlimited data. It's nice to have in case I need it but it's far from the end of the world. For me its a small win and I understand why most people in here are pissed and I don't blame them for being that way. And I don't need any sleep, but thanks for your concern.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Last edited:

monkey_man

Reaction score
I took out the 16gig card it came with and put in a 64gig card.

But seriously, had it for 4+ months and it works fine. Just format it with the phone. It used to like to "forget" my music, but either upgrading to ICS or using Winamp seems to have fixed that.

May I ask how much into 64GB are you??? what Cybertec said is reasonable and that's because the 16GB or 32GB is the recommendation range of how fast the phone can access into the files. The more data you have inside the memory card, the slower it is for the phone to search for it or even unable to get some files as the maximum number has been reached. Same problems I had with many early MP3 products where they had to gave out firmware updates in order for it to be compatible with higher amount GBs.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 5 lines 1400 minutes now. With discounts and unlimited data, I pay about $260 per month (after taxes).

Am I correct that 5 lines @ $40 each will now cost me $200, plus if we go for the $100 10 GB plan, that's $300 before taxes? If so, totally unacceptable. There is a 19% corporate discount off the primary line, but my hunch it will be 19% off the primary $40 phone, which is going to be about $8 each month. OUCH. VZW is testing me big time now. We don't have any lines eligible for upgrade until October anyway, so my hope is this is all reconsidered by then. In the meantime, I will be privately chatting with some of my VZW peeps.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
monkey_man said:
Don't take me wrong tho... not meant as an insult in anyways. It is much more understandable about the current situation and how it will save you money. Good. Every self experiences are varies and this is why I said "you must be rich :icon_eek:". You are spending $30x2 monthly mate with the additional of home and work internet correct? With the said amount of money you are spending $720/yr for that data alone. You said you are using less than 1GB as you use your faster Wifi. For me tho ok, not telling you what to do. In a way to economize, or aside of the "cool peer pressure", I would get basic phones that will remove that 2x $30 fees and get my self a tablet.

That might be an option for down the road but we both need our phones for work so for now this works for us.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
How does this work or you are not getting the new Verizon's policy? Once the new Share Data Plan apply on June 28, your Upgrades will be turn to ashes unless you are willing to drop your unlimited data. For which to me, you want to keep it for a foreseeable future. If you have 2 upgrades now, then you need to utilize it now and profit the 2 SGS phone in hope for not paying much money for the phone you want in the near future. There is no such thing as upgrading phone any longer if you have Unlimited data as you can change phones to your liking any time. The phones are no longer subsidized folks as in not bind to Verizon!!! All you need to worry about is if the phone you purchased came with Clean ESN. You are stuck with what you have and will come to month to month contract basis. This is also a warning for those that use massive data usage, as once your 2 years contract expired, Verizon have the right to kick you out.

Ahh yeah I was thinking too far in advance but forgetting about now. So scratch the ones next year. I am still gonna use my two before the 28th to get the two SGSIII's and flip them.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Transfering the upgrade will make your account sign a new two year contract in which you would lose unlimited data as it is not an option any more. Basically you would be forced into a tiered data plan.

I already confirmed this with my buddy at verizon who is exceptionally knowledgeable about their plans and how to get a, round things like this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatal

How is this??? If you are currently on unlimited and renew before the 28th with no changes you keep the unlimited for the length of the contract. It is if you make changes to your contract that you forfeit the unlimited data. People are doing it now by preordering the SGSIII.