[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Colorado said:
I have a droidx and a razr maxx and would like to switch back and forth when i travel. Was hoping i could just do it online as needed.

I'm curious, why switch back and forth?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
huskur said:
That is weird? switching from a Droid x to the Maxx? 3G to a 4G? The X would become a wifi device

No i don't think it's weird to go from the x to razr or rexound. Just wondering why going back and forth all the time. I use foxfi on my razr to use my other non activated androids. I have an lg vortex, a htc incredible, and a droid x2, and sometimes i like to play with them, or use one the stream radio to my stereo, but i cant think why i would want to activate then frequently.

Colorado

Reaction score
Im not rooted and there are certain apps that i need on the dx that i need when i travel and without rooting i cannot transfer the app data and would have to start from scratch. Not all places i go have wifi access.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Colorado said:
Im not rooted and there are certain apps that i need on the dx that i need when i travel and without rooting i cannot transfer the app data and would have to start from scratch. Not all places i go have wifi access.

Have you ever used "foxfi"? It turns your devise into a wifi hotspot without having to add the hotspot service of root your devise. Then you can use the wifi on your dx to use the apps you need. Its not as fast, but it works.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

Why not root? If you need the data bad enough root, transfer unroot. Seems easier than always switching devices, though to each their own.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

Colorado

Reaction score
Why not root? If you need the data bad enough root, transfer unroot. Seems easier than always switching devices, though to each their own.

My maxx is still new in box, is it that easy to root and unroot without screwing it up?

Reaction score
I have a question sort of on the subject. My father in law has a Galaxy Tab. He told me yesterday that he no longer wants it. He still has 2 years on his data plan. Can that plan be switched to my account? Also, if I switch it to my account will I have to change to a shared everything plan?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a question sort of on the subject. My father in law has a Galaxy Tab. He told me yesterday that he no longer wants it. He still has 2 years on his data plan. Can that plan be switched to my account? Also, if I switch it to my account will I have to change to a shared everything plan?

I believe if you do an assumption of liability then the line becomes yours on a one year contract and as far as i know you don't have to change plans.

Is it unlimited?

My maxx is still new in box, is it that easy to root and unroot without screwing it up?

Using some of the awesome one click programs out there yes, it is.

Krzypuppy2

Reaction score
I've been with Verizon for years. I can't justify $190 a month anymore and even if it is a downgrade I will be switching to Straight Talk. Problem is since I am disabled I absolutely have to have a working phone where I camp, and Verizon is the only signal that works in the area.

Straight Talk has some new Android phones that are CDMA-V meaning they run off the Verizon system. So I will be dropping my VZ plan and going to Straight Talk. I just hope that the Straight Talk smartphones that run on the Verizon system actually get the same signal and are not limited in some way. Two smartphones at $45 per phone per month will cut my bill in half.

finndo77

Reaction score
Re: Verizon's New Family Data Plans: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

Yeah, I was looking into straight talk earlier this week. Please update after you switch and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

RJ1670

Reaction score
Straight Talk does not equal Verizon. They lease space on Verizon towers. But, they lease space on the lower tiers of the towers. That means the signal strength is not as good as Verizon service.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Straight Talk does not lease tower space, it doesn't have any sites. It contracts with Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile to use their networks, the particular carrier depends on geographic location.
Also, although Verizon and the other carriers are instrumental in getting towers built, they typically sell/lease them to a tower company upon completion, they then leaseback space on the tower and ground. Being a licensed carrier affords them legal benefits that the tower company does not posses, which helps when dealing with local governments during the building process.

Straight Talk is actually owned by Trac-phone, it is re branded for Wal-Mart. Trac-phone may lease some sites, but I have been working in and around site acquisition for about 10 years and I've never seen one of their leases. I have read hundreds if not thousands of wireless leases from all of the major carriers.

Krzypuppy2

Reaction score
I switched to straight talk about a week and a half to 2 weeks ago. Using the Samsung Pro claim, I currently don't have any complaints no dropped calls the signal works fine for website browsing downloading a few things I try to limit that though.

I am still looking at the Samsung galaxy S950 C but also runs on the Verizon tower but seems to have a larger screen size with my eyes not working as well as they use to and clumsy fingers a larger screen would do me good. That phone is limited to certain stores and I'll have to drive over 2 hours to get to a store that sells them. So for right now the Samsung program is what I'm using. At 45 dollars a month I can't complain 90 dollars for 2 phones my verizon bill use to be 190 to 200 dollars a month. I live on a limited income so doing what I can to try to keep my bills down.