"Update not available" anyone have factory reset fail to help ?

expiditer

Reaction score
I am stuck on 5.5.886 when checking for update get "system update not available at this time" I have tried EVERYTHING but factory reset for obvious reason. Has anyone had the factory reset FAIL to help ? Verizon says phone defective, but its only 3 months old and I dont want a REFURB.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What you might try doing is power down and remove the sim card and battery. Then replace the battery and power up. Power back down remove battery and replace the sim card and battery. Not as drastic as a Factory Reset.

Maybe you can get the 5.5.893 update and install it manually.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I was just like you, super skeptical and tried to avoid FDR at all costs. Gave in, within minutes of starting up I was offered the .893 OTA. I'd say go for it, there are steps online to do the reset and have your phone exactly back to how it was within 20 minutes.

OP
E

expiditer

Reaction score
What you might try doing is power down and remove the sim card and battery. Then replace the battery and power up. Power back down remove battery and replace the sim card and battery. Not as drastic as a Factory Reset.

Maybe you can get the 5.5.893 update and install it manually.

Thanks for prompt response...but that was unsucessful

OP
E

expiditer

Reaction score
I was just like you, super skeptical and tried to avoid FDR at all costs. Gave in, within minutes of starting up I was offered the .893 OTA. I'd say go for it, there are steps online to do the reset and have your phone exactly back to how it was within 20 minutes.

Can you provide a link for getting back to PRE FDR that fast and easily ?

toyosup88

Reaction score
I am stuck on 5.5.886 when checking for update get "system update not available at this time" I have tried EVERYTHING but factory reset for obvious reason. Has anyone had the factory reset FAIL to help ? Verizon says phone defective, but its only 3 months old and I dont want a REFURB.

Under settings> battery and data manager> data delivery> social applications... is sync under wifi checked or unchecked?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums