Update failed

drawbridgep

Reaction score
Mine failed too. I used SuperOneClick to root, so, after the update failed, I unfroze everything, unrooted and still the update progress bar goes about a third of the way and then the phone reboots and says "SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED".

I have a stock .902 installed, not sure what I'm missing.

cervri

Reaction score
Mine also failed. Temp unroot with Voodoo, and on 902. I am not sure now, but believe it was OTA.
On unsafe side with Safestrap.

tennvol

Reaction score
drawbridgep said:
Mine failed too. I used SuperOneClick to root, so, after the update failed, I unfroze everything, unrooted and still the update progress bar goes about a third of the way and then the phone reboots and says "SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED".

I have a stock .902 installed, not sure what I'm missing.

Same exact problem. Stock 902, rooted and unrooted with voodoo. All stock apps are there

grgguy

Reaction score
Same exact problem. Stock 902, rooted and unrooted with voodoo. All stock apps are there

Update failed for me also , rooted but stock. The phone downloads the update, powers down and restarts. Then starts to install the update , about a 1/3 into installing it I get the triangle with an "!" mark , it then reboots and tells me the update failed ?
Whats the fix?

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I just did the update on my gf's phone.. It's rooted, but otherwise 100% stock .902.

Update worked like a charm AND it still has root. I was suprised. I did do the "forever root" method a few updates ago, so I guess it still kept it rooted through this update.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Finally got my phone up to date, was nerve racking but got it. First was on 902 with some mods so I decided to go back to stock 902. Then I couldn't root because of an adb failure. Tried numerous times but ended up using another computer which worked. I did find out though that motofail works to give you root while on 905. I rooted on stock 902 but forgot to use vodoo to temp unroot, updated to 905 and lost root. So I tried motofail and it worked on 905.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk