Want to reset, need the default APKs!

TheCheeks

Reaction score
I deleted things like CityID and Blockbuster. I heard that in order to do a complete wipe you should have all the original apps on there. Is this true? All I got rid of were the bloatware apks, I did not touch anything else. Where can I get a pack of all the defaults? Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You didn't make a back up of them before deleting them? If you search in the hack section they have them posted in there, also a guide saying to back up before doing anything.

OP
T

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Nah I figured default APKs wouldn't be too hard to find. I would have backed up anything else I touched though. I was too lazy at the time (although really I should have just used mv).

So was I correct in thinking wiping would need all default APKs? Does it need to be unrooted?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yes and yes, some think if you have the default apps and try and upgrade it might work and just take off the root some say it won't upgrade at all. Best bet is to get it back to stock before you want to upgrade.

OP
T

TheCheeks

Reaction score
I'll go completely stock then, thank you. I should have just left it all stock; I'm during my usual "one week to try everything" on a new device, then I wipe it clean and see which apps I depended on. I hate having a cluster-**** of apps on devices that never get used. Always wipe and consolidate :)

PS: Maybe you can help me. Can you install all apps and the data they use to the device only? That way I can use my SD card for only music/videos and nothing else?