Unrooting only the unsafe system?

Hideakikarate

Reaction score
I just tried using the ics recovery to install the red head room from team haters. It didn't work so I reinstalled safestrap, only I was on the previously safe system when I did, so it treated that as the new unsafe system and I had to make the old unsafe one my safe system. Is there a way to remove root on just the one system? Pete's tools, rsd lite?

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I do not think you should have done that. The original unsafe side is you're main system. The safe side you're supposed to have with a Rom on it is called safe side cause your safe to mod and tweak that side without any thing bad happening to three main system. It specifically says to not to do that cause you can mess up your phone.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Safe strap says never install ss on the safe side ours uninstall on safe side

OP
H

Hideakikarate

Reaction score
I know I screwed up. I've established that. I'm just trying to find out if there is an easier way to fix it rather than rsd back to stock and then re-root it with Pete's?

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Im not sure to be honest. But i would do that to be safe. Unless someone south more knowledge chimes in.

OP
H

Hideakikarate

Reaction score
Well that sucks, but it could've been worse. I'll just rsd back to 905 stock . Will voodoo keep the root saved over the reboot? It would save a little time, but if not then Pete will help, then just reinstall the back up on the new safe system. Thanks for the help.

OP
H

Hideakikarate

Reaction score
Sadly, voodoo did not help, but a quick fix from Pete got me rooted again. Then installed safestrap, got my old recovery back, and now I'm good as it was. Thanks for the help Jay. Wasn't trying to be an @$$ in my second post.

nodixe

Reaction score
So theoretically I could use safestrap to switch the vzwblurr rom to the safe partition?..or does it treat preinstall as system?

SCH i400->MB810->XT862 sent using Tapatalk 2