Stock Restore ICS from 4.0.4 to 4.0.4

opee294

Reaction score
Greetings!

Forgive me if this seems a bit winded. I'm a long time reader, first time writer. Ya'll are very helpful! You all have solved all of my issues for years without me having to write a word. But I cannot find a solution. :hail: Halp.

So, I had safestrap (v2.0 I believe) installed on my "safe" operating system and Eclipse on my "unsafe" OS. Somewhere down the road I deleted all data on both my internal and external sd cards. Which, was retarded. When I tried to update to the newest version of Eclipse, I first wanted to upgrade my safestrap. When I attempted to go into my safe os, it was unrooted and safestrap was no longer installed. My guess, threw research, was that the original OS was deleted and somehow got reinstalled when I attempted to boot into it. Now, I tried several things to kinda reset my droid. I attempted a RSD flash with ICS and GB. Both failed. The RSD ICS flash according to the fourm was designed to be an upgrade from GB. I'm not sure why GB failed other then you cannot go back to GB after going to ICS. I then installed safestrap on my unsafe OS and uninstalled it. Now I can only boot into my safe OS.

My problem is:
Anytime I reboot my phone it gets stuck in fastboot. I have to push power, kill the screen. Then vol up+down+pwr and select boot normal. Then it boots into the unrooted safe system ← This is the biggest issue.
I also can no longer root my "safe" os, so I cannot install safestrap. If I had my old Samsung Epic I'd just reflash the original OS and start from scrach, but I'm finding it very difficult to gather information on how to do this on a droid 4.

Thanks in advance!

OP
O

opee294

Reaction score
Nevermind! Totally fixed it. Used a different source for the fastboot files and I'm on my way! :icon_ banana: