Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
For those having Swype issues, please uninstall Swype (/data/app/com.swype.android.inputmethod-*.apk) and Swype Installer (/data/app/com.swype.android.installer-*.apk), delete all user data for Swype (/data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod/) and Swype Installer (/data/data/com.swype.android.installer/), reboot into recovery, and then reflash the mod. Lemme know if this works.

Icculus760

Reaction score
For those having Swype issues, please uninstall Swype (/data/app/com.swype.android.inputmethod-*.apk) and Swype Installer (/data/app/com.swype.android.installer-*.apk), delete all user data for Swype (/data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod/) and Swype Installer (/data/data/com.swype.android.installer/), reboot into recovery, and then reflash the mod. Lemme know if this works.

i think i love you because you figured out how to fix my swype issues dancedroid

Thanks so much for all your hard work!!

Armyof2

Reaction score
I've got no "installer" app or data...just swype...Should I install swype from my beta email first before applying this?

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I've got no "installer" app or data...just swype...Should I install swype from my beta email first before applying this?

No, as I said previously, IF you are having problems with Swype, then remove all instances of Swype, and then flash the update for best results.

Armyof2

Reaction score
Did that and no love...tried it several times and I still get FC when it boots after installing the mod

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Did that and no love...tried it several times and I still get FC when it boots after installing the mod

You obviously didn't remove the Swype data folder. It's in /data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod/

Armyof2

Reaction score
nope...I sure did..not my first rodeo. I read and followed everything you posted short of the installer app and data since those aren't there.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
nope...I sure did..not my first rodeo. I read and followed everything you posted short of the installer app and data since those aren't there.

Hmm, that doesn't make any sense. Should work perfect if you have removed the Swype data folder. The Swype Installer folder doesn't really matter a whole lot. I guess you could just manually uninstall and then reinstall using this APK.

Armyof2

Reaction score
Not sure what it didn't like...i even tried pulling everything else except for the swype apk out of the zip and it did the same thing....

any thoughts on theming swype to go with the rest of the rom? though i think that's generally frowned upon it seems...every place i see themed swype the thread is locked down

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what it didn't like...i even tried pulling everything else except for the swype apk out of the zip and it did the same thing....

any thoughts on theming swype to go with the rest of the rom? though i think that's generally frowned upon it seems...every place i see themed swype the thread is locked down

If you wanna theme Swype, modify the images in swype-assets-keyboards.zip and send them back to me.

Boostjunky

Reaction score
Damn. After switching to v6.4, Root Explorer is broken again. This seems to be a direct result of certain ROMs that cause the same symptoms.

They are:
Unable to move files from one folder to another, even in the SDCard
Unable to mount RW after leaving the root directory.
Mounting RW in the root directory results in it showing that RW is mounted, but you are still unable to make any changes, such as moving files, deleting files, or pasting new files into directories (this applies to both the SDCard as well as the phone directories).
You ARE able to change permissions.
Used/Free space doesn't show up at the top like it should.
In order for ANYTHING to work like it should, you have to open Terminal Emulator, and mount RW manually. Even after doing that, it still doesn't show Used/Free Space.

Things I've tried:
Forced SuperUser to forget Root Explorer, then re-allowed upon re-opening Root Explorer. No joy.
Deleted Dalvik Cache for Root Explorer.
Deleted all cache and data for Root Explorer.
Deleted Root Explorer altogether and re-installed. Still no joy.

I have also made sure to reboot the phone after every attempt to restore it to normal operation (ie. after deleting cache, reboot. After deleting apk, reboot, re-install, reboot.). Nothing seems to be working, here.

It wasn't working right in v6.2, but it worked fine in v6.3. Now it's stopped working in v6.4 again.

If anybody has any ideas on what might be the problem, please send them my way.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Damn. After switching to v6.4, Root Explorer is broken again. This seems to be a direct result of certain ROMs that cause the same symptoms.

They are:
Mounting RW in the root directory results in it showing that RW is mounted, but you are still unable to make any changes, such as moving files, deleting files, or pasting new files into directories (this applies to both the SDCard as well as the phone directories).
In order for ANYTHING to work like it should, you have to open Terminal Emulator, and mount RW manually. Even after doing that, it still doesn't show Used/Free Space.

Things I've tried:
Forced SuperUser to forget Root Explorer, then re-allowed upon re-opening Root Explorer. No joy.

I have also made sure to reboot the phone after every attempt to restore it to normal operation (ie. after deleting cache, reboot. After deleting apk, reboot, re-install, reboot.). Nothing seems to be working, here.

It wasn't working right in v6.2, but it worked fine in v6.3. Now it's stopped working in v6.4 again.

I started having this problem way back on v3 and emailed the Root Explorer dev about it. He sent me a diagnostic version which created a log file which I sent back to him. He more or less pinpointed the problem and sent me a version of Root Explorer that works.

This is what he said:
"as well as looking at your problem I’ve been looking at another issue with slightly different symptoms but which I think may be related. In that case there was a problem with mounting the system folder and I tracked it down to a new version of BusyBox which had a different output from the ls command. The other significant factor was that the ls command had been removed from the toolbox library on his ROM (presumably to save space). Since the toolbox ls is used in preference by Root Explorer this hides the issue on most ROMs (including mine)."

I had installed a newer version of Busy Box with the BusyBox installer from the Market, but I don't think this is what broke Root Explorer.

In any case, I have a version that should work for you. I'll PM it to you.

Boostjunky

Reaction score

They are:
Mounting RW in the root directory results in it showing that RW is mounted, but you are still unable to make any changes, such as moving files, deleting files, or npasting new files into directories (this applies to both the SDCard as well as the phone directories).

Things I've tried:

I started having this problem way back on v3 and emailed the Root Explorer dev about it. He sent me a diagnostic version which created a log file which I sent back to him. He more or less pinpointed the problem and sent me a version of Root Explorer that works.

This is what he said:
"as well as looking at your problem I’ve been looking at another issue with slightly different symptoms but which I think may be related. In that case there was a problem with mounting the system folder and I tracked it down to a new version of BusyBox which had a different output from the ls command. The other significant factor was that the ls command had been removed from the toolbox library on his ROM (presumably to save space). Since the toolbox ls is used in preference by Root Explorer this hides the issue on most ROMs (including mine)."

I had installed a newer version of Busy Box with the BusyBox installer from the Market, but I don't think this is what broke Root Explorer.

In any case, I have a version that should work for you. I'll PM it to you.

Thank you much, kind sir!