Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Jzrill,

Can you tell me what your exchange mods have done? This is the line item in your Changelog that I am referring to:

Added Modified Email App That Bypasses Exchange Protocols

I have been having some problems with MIUI loading all of my exchange contacts. Does this address this problem is does it do something else?

Thanks,

Seth

I have no idea. This app is only in there by request. The app originally comes from D1-MIUI's Google Project page.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Wireless tether force closes. Is it because the stock 6.3 version shows the donate screen and you have the ads bypassed?

If you are having problems with Wired or Wireless tether it may be an issue with either the tethering binaries or your tethering settings. From the main tether screen, try going to Menu->Setup->Menu->Reinstall binaries/configs. Let me know if this works.

That's good to know...I was having issues as well. What I did was delete the existing wireless tether and download a new one from market and fixed permissions with RM. That worked too.

Regarding the heap size...after installing the tool and opening it, I thought it said it was at 24? I set it to 32.

Boostjunky

Reaction score
Well, whatever updates were made to 6.3 fixed my Root Explorer issues, whether it was on the base 6.3 end, or if it was on Jrizzill's end.

I was unable to mount RW using Root Explorer, and it wouldn't show the available/used space at the top like it normally does. It's all fixed now, and working just fine!

Ozzie

Reaction score
...car home launcher is having issues as well...let me know if you need more info, but I've read a few posts about it.

lsdozer

Reaction score
Trying to be succinct.......

running unofficial modded miui 6.3 - no theme

stock swype gave blue border of swypedeath (still able to tap type)
uninstalled swype & swype installer
flashed swype fix 6.2
still blue border

downloaded official/legal swype installer
swype won't install, thinks swype still exists

deleted /data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod folder

removed /data/app folder (had swype.inputmethod) from swype fix 6.2
flashed that junk
no swype option in keyboard settings

another official swype install
still won't install, still thinks swype is still installed

a lot of words - thanks for reading :)

i know there are lots of people smarter than me who can suggest what i should do next.

i'm really hoping at least one of you is on this forum/thread :hail:

Well, I am certainly not on your droid level:), but I am having no problems with swype. I am not messing with the "fix". Everytime I update versions of swype, I just un-install and re-install swype. I dont mess with deleting the swype installer either.

Try without the fix

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Trying to be succinct.......

running unofficial modded miui 6.3 - no theme

stock swype gave blue border of swypedeath (still able to tap type)
flashed swype fix 6.2
still blue border

downloaded official/legal swype installer
swype won't install, thinks swype still exists

deleted /data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod folder

removed /data/app folder (had swype.inputmethod) from swype fix 6.2
flashed that junk
no swype option in keyboard settings

another official swype install
still won't install, still thinks swype is still installed

a lot of words - thanks for reading :)

i know there are lots of people smarter than me who can suggest what i should do next.

i'm really hoping at least one of you is on this forum/thread :hail:

Well, I am certainly not on your droid level:), but I am having no problems with swype. I am not messing with the "fix". Everytime I update versions of swype, I just un-install and re-install swype. I dont mess with deleting the swype installer either.

Try without the fix

Whenever i have problems with swype I delete everything swype off of my phone. Be sure to delete every file you can find because one file can mess with installing it. Then I find the email the swype team sent me and redownload the installer and go from there. Hope this helps.

Fireproof1905

Reaction score
I am lol but thats just because i don't have swype installed lol but also is this mod ok to put over 6.4?

Boostjunky

Reaction score
No issues with swype here.

No issues with CarHomeLauncher, either. This is the first build of Miui that I haven't gotten a FC upon exiting carhome.

Only issue I'm having is LOOOOOOOOONG home screen redraws. And I do have the ADJ=1 line in both system/build.prop and data/local.prop.

EDIT: One thing to note is that the Swype.apk I'm using doesn't require swype installer. It's the RedSwype that was modified by a dev and released for people to use without having to register, and there were options for what color you wanted the tracer line to be.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
No issues with swype here.

No issues with CarHomeLauncher, either. This is the first build of Miui that I haven't gotten a FC upon exiting carhome.

Only issue I'm having is LOOOOOOOOONG home screen redraws. And I do have the ADJ=1 line in both system/build.prop and data/local.prop.

EDIT: One thing to note is that the Swype.apk I'm using doesn't require swype installer. It's the RedSwype that was modified by a dev and released for people to use without having to register, and there were options for what color you wanted the tracer line to be.

The Swype in my package does not require registration either. Made it myself -- that's why I was asking if people are having trouble with it...

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
INCREMENTAL UPDATE: Updated to v6.4-Mod-v1. Changes since v6.3-Mod-v1:
  • Now Compatible With Latest D1-MIUI Build (0.10.29-v6.4)
  • Set WiFi Scan Interval Back To "90" For Better Battery Life
  • Added Translated & Modified MIUI-Like Charming Web Browser
  • Updated To Latest Version Of QuickOffice With Sync Abilities
DOWNLOAD HERE:
INSTALLATION: Flash via Recovery over D1-MIUI-0.10.29-v6.4.zip

Icculus760

Reaction score
Whenever i have problems with swype I delete everything swype off of my phone. Be sure to delete every file you can find because one file can mess with installing it. Then I find the email the swype team sent me and redownload the installer and go from there. Hope this helps.

yeah, been there...done that
thanks for the suggestion though!