Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

publicanimal

Reaction score
So CarHomeLauncher functions the same when it's in /data/app as it does in /system/app? Interesting.

One thing I pointed out several versions ago that you haven't fixed is the duplicate ringtones issue. Some of the ones in your mod are the same as the ones included in the ROM with slightly different file names (example: Tinkerbell.ogg / TinkerBell.ogg). This causes the ringtone to appear twice when choosing ringtones, not to mention it wastes space. I would suggest removing all duplicates from your mods.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
So CarHomeLauncher functions the same when it's in /data/app as it does in /system/app? Interesting.

One thing I pointed out several versions ago that you haven't fixed is the duplicate ringtones issue. Some of the ones in your mod are the same as the ones included in the ROM with slightly different file names (example: Tinkerbell.ogg / TinkerBell.ogg). This causes the ringtone to appear twice when choosing ringtones, not to mention it wastes space. I would suggest removing all duplicates from your mods.

Thanks for your observation, but this has been fixed. The updater script prevents duplicate apps and ringtones. Flash and see for yourself!

eggsped

Reaction score
Any way to get this with the standard market app?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

publicanimal

Reaction score

Thanks for your observation, but this has been fixed. The updater script prevents duplicate apps and ringtones. Flash and see for yourself!

Ah, my apologies. I just scanned through the files and saw the duplicates, but I haven't flashed the mod. Nice work.

That must have been this line:
delete_recursive ("/system/media/audio")
right?

For now I'm going to hold off from flashing since I am happy with how I have everything set up on the unmodded version. I made a lot of custom changes myself such as adding the ringtones/notification tones of my choice to the .zip before I flashed it (which I pulled from one of your mods, so thanks for that)

One other question, previously you had added the line for the redraw fix from the local.prop in /data to the build.prop in /system, now I see you've gone back to pushing it to /data. Did it not work when you added it to the build.prop?

I ask because the first thing I did before flashing v6.2 was to pull out the build prop and add the ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 line to it.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

Ah, my apologies. I just scanned through the files and saw the duplicates, but I haven't flashed the mod. Nice work.

That must have been this line:
delete_recursive ("/system/media/audio")
right?

For now I'm going to hold off from flashing since I am happy with how I have everything set up on the unmodded version. I made a lot of custom changes myself such as adding the ringtones/notification tones of my choice to the .zip before I flashed it (which I pulled from one of your mods, so thanks for that)

One other question, previously you had added the line for the redraw fix from the local.prop in /data to the build.prop in /system, now I see you've gone back to pushing it to /data. Did it not work when you added it to the build.prop?

I ask because the first thing I did before flashing v6.2 was to pull out the build prop and add the ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 line to it.

Yes, the delete_recursive ("/system/media/audio") line in my script prevents duplicate audio.

People were reporting that they were still getting redraws, but I wasn't experiencing this issue. In the end I put it back in the local.prop just to be safe.

BostonDroid

Reaction score
like your work dude... I think the other one was deleted, for whatever reason. Not to start anything, but just saying. Downloading!

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Swype's license manager relies on the "ro.build.id=" line in build.prop. If this line changes, Swype becomes unregistered. Since the Devs change this line upon every new MIUI version, you will have to uninstall and reinstall every time.

Flash this over v6.2 and you will get a proper build.prop that keeps your Swype registration intact. It sets the line to "ro.build.id=FRG22D" like it is supposed to be. If anyone knows terminal commands that would do this as well, that would be awesome!

Jameshpatterson

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get swype installed? I cant even even get the installer to load.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk