Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

Ozzie

Reaction score
Thank you for the update Jrizzell! It feels good having the full setup.

kruizin

Addicted to ROM
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those having Swype issues, please uninstall Swype (/data/app/com.swype.android.inputmethod-*.apk) and Swype Installer (/data/app/com.swype.android.installer-*.apk), delete all user data for Swype (/data/data/com.swype.android.inputmethod/) and Swype Installer (/data/data/com.swype.android.installer/), reboot into recovery, and then reflash the mod. Lemme know if this works.
You're the man, it worked for me as well, but I had to go through the same steps as Armyof2.

Thanks for your work, it's appreciated!:)

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I'm working on a theme for Swype. It's taking forever so I don't know when it'll be ready, but here's what I got so far...

Keep in mind that it might look a little ugly right now, but since I'm creating the keyboard graphics entirely from scratch, that means it will easily be themeable within a matter of minutes.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 2.png
    2.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 3.png
    3.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 526
  • 4.png
    4.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 510

Boostjunky

Reaction score
I'm working on a theme for Swype. It's taking forever so I don't know when it'll be ready, but here's what I got so far...

Keep in mind that it might look a little ugly right now, but since I'm creating the keyboard graphics entirely from scratch, that means it will easily be themeable within a matter of minutes.

Any reason in particular that you choose to create the images entirely from scratch rather than take the already existing images, and modify their colors?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't find swype apk as beta no longer available. Anyone know where I can find it?

sent from a rogue droid

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

Any reason in particular that you choose to create the images entirely from scratch rather than take the already existing images, and modify their colors?

Because the source images are more than just colors... they have gradients, and bevels, and shadows, and all kinds of other variables.

By creating it from scratch you have complete control over how simple or how complicated you want the buttons to look.

Stretch2m

Reaction score

Awesome - it would be great to have the keyboard match the rest of the ROM. Looking forward to this!

ballisticn8

Reaction score
wow, the themed swype keyboard images look bad ass, def looking fwd to snagging that when its complete!! :D

blnko6

Reaction score
Zill. I know swipe is pretty sweet but have you ever tried swift keyboard. Man best keyboard i ever used, the only thing it that it's not too many nice looking lol
Any hopes you could theme that at all?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Armyof2

Reaction score

Because the source images are more than just colors... they have gradients, and bevels, and shadows, and all kinds of other variables.

By creating it from scratch you have complete control over how simple or how complicated you want the buttons to look.

lol yeah I was running into the same issue...still playing with the images but i'm finding my lack of artistic aptitude is getting in the way

lsdozer

Reaction score
Are there special instructions on installing this? Should I uninstall my current version, then install this? I just tried to install overtop my current version(already installed and working) and it failed.

Lewis

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Are there special instructions on installing this? Should I uninstall my current version, then install this? I just tried to install overtop my current version(already installed and working) and it failed.

Lewis

Since the version numbers are the same Android will not let you install overtop of the old one. You will have to uninstall and then install the new one.

EDIT: Never mind, I just replaced the file with a new one that is 1mb smaller and I changed the version number so it will allow you to upgrade from your current version with no problem.