Unlocked HTC Rezound Straight Talk $30 Plan

Epic

Reaction score
Man this is ridicoules!!! I know this is not the best place to post this, but Straight Talk really doesn't want to help. I called their number 5 times and I get nothing but automated Responses. Its ridiculousness. Before anyone blames me, just know that I am a normal human, living with Daily Hectic life full of worries, bills, and concerns.

But why won't straight talk allow me to use the $30 plan on my BYOP HTC Rezound? BECAUSE THAT"S HOW THEY MAKE MONEY!! This is stupid! I never knew you couldn't use the $30 on BYOP. Now what? I have NO ONE who wants to buy this, the card is already Scratched, not knowing it wouldn't work.

My question for this forum here was.

The HTC Rezound I have is globally unlocked, but at the same time I still have the Straight Talk Sim card for it. Does anyone know of any possible way I can find a work around perhaps? and still be able to use the $30 plan? because as of now it says I can't activate it.

I am in such a tight budget, I can't waste this $30. Is like working for a whole day, and pouring it down the trash.

Straigh talk Droid Forums.PNG

acejavelin

Reaction score
Is this a new SIM or just a reload card? If it is just a reload card, you are probably just out of luck... :crying:

If this is a new card, then the only thing I can think of is find someone who has an old Straight Talk GSM phone that isn't currently in service, put it in that and activate the SIM, then move it to the Rezound. I am guessing that this will get voice to work, probably text, but most likely not any real mobile data service.

On the "good side", even if you have to trash this $30 and buy a $45 card, it is still cheaper for a month then being on Verizon. :)

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
Nope, just going to have to sell it. I basically wasted $30 till someone does buy it.