Unlocked HTC Rezound on Straight Talk.

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
LOL that's why it's in my sig...too many people fell victim to that one.

"Fun Rezound Fact: The antennas for the Rezound are in the battery cover."
Sure didn't see that. But sure did fix the problem.

You will always get the "SIM card from an unknown source" message with a non-Verizon SIM card on a stock ROM, but you should be able to clear it (or it just goes away, I don't remember), and it will function normally. To truly get rid of it you will need to go to Global Mode ROM like EclipicRez, or better yet Tron, Infection, or CM10.1. They are now extremely stable and very reliable.

And yes, the antenna are part of the back cover... without it on you will likely get no to minimal signal.

Glad to hear you got it working, now I am curious to hear more testing results... In theory, everything should just work with the global ROMs, otherwise you will need to root in order to change a few settings (APN, I think).

Yes it is, still have some issues, I'll see what else comes up tomorrow, and report back.

Thanks for all the help guys.

acejavelin

Reaction score
If you didn't have the back cover on when the phone booted up with the new SIM, it might not have registered with the new network properly... Remember that the Rezound by default doesn't do a full power off/on on a reboot (just a "fastboot"), so I would do a battery pull, replace the battery cover :icon_ devil:, and power up and let the phone come online cleanly before doing further testing.

Also, the old *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work to access the menu on newer ROMs, but you can get "4G Toggle" from the Play Store, which can get you into most of those settings by opening this app, then select Radio Info then Continue and that will get to some stuff and give you info on your connection, other settings like APN are configured in Settings-Mobile Networks-GSM/UMTS Settings.

Last edited:
OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
If you didn't have the back cover on when the phone booted up with the new SIM, it might not have registered with the new network properly... Remember that the Rezound by default doesn't do a full power off/on on a reboot (just a "fastboot"), so I would do a battery pull, replace the battery cover :icon_ devil:, and power up and let the phone come online cleanly before doing further testing.

Also, the old *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work to access the menu on newer ROMs, but you can get "4G Toggle" from the Play Store, which can get you into most of those settings by opening this app, then select Radio Info then Continue and that will get to some stuff and give you info on your connection, other settings like APN are configured in Settings-Mobile Networks-GSM/UMTS Settings.

It seems to be working fine for now. I just have terrible Signal here. Its so bad that everyone in the house (2 others) Only get 1 bar, and they are using Flip Phones. Same thing happened on my old Samsung Flip phone too, which the HTC rezound replaced. For now I won't be installing any ROMs or Flashing, unless it becomes a neccesity if something starts failing on "Vanilla". I am however Running ICS, which I think was an OTA Official Update, that's how the Phone came to me.

I have a dumb question, but in all honesty, this is the first time I have a Smart Phone activated with Service lol. My First Droid and my Droid 3, I only used like iPods, for the camera, web and music. Because I couldn't afford a real iPOD lol. It was efficient!

However, on my HTC Rezoun, which does indeed have service now, I am having one problem that is very annoying, other than bad signal reception where I live (But that's always being that way)

When I press the Phone icon, to call, if I dial ONE for example, the phone won't let me type the rest of the number, but instead will bring me to all the calls I have dialed that begin with a Number 1. Does this make sense? How can I stop it from doing this?

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Happy Memorial Day to all! Thanks to all who have served and fought for this Country, and their families.

Just wanted to do a quick update, because I need help with my new phone again.
I am having an issue with my Rezound on Straight Talk. I have no internet with out WiFi. However I can send text through the network when I have signal, but I can never access the web, check Facebook, send or receive emails, or watch YouTube videos if I am not using WiFi.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks. Hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day.

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
Did you update the APN?

Any update on this? Just curious if you got it all working, been a couple days...

Oh Gosh, guys so sorry, I being going through so much crap at home, and I got all this paperwork to feel out and stuff, I didn't remember to check back on here till just a few minutes ago.

Here is a quick update.

The phone is working, my signal is terrible, I have about 1-2 bars in the house, but most of the time IN the house I have NO reception at all. The internet is below 3G speeds, so I guess is called "Edge"? Its terrible, I can't even stream a Youtube video, because it takes 10 minutes to do it.

I did update the APN settings with the ones on the Straight Talk Website I believe. I am able to text, just usually not in the house, lack of service, but I CAN NOT send Picture TEXT at ALL.

I hate it to be honest, because I have to go sit outside to talk, instead of being able to lay down or be comfortable. No, Instead? I have to walk in circles around the house or go outside just so I can get 2 bars of signal.... I really just have bad reception all around town too to be dead honest.
Truth is, it was kinda the same way with my old Samsung Flip phone on Verizon? But no where near as bad.

EDIT UPDATE: I am also having some problems with my CAMERA. When I record something and then watch it on my phone it works fine? But when I plug in the phone to the Computer and go to the Folder with the VIDEOS (whether internal or ssd) SOME of those same videos I could play on the Phone with Audio/Video, I can NOT watch on my computer. I Mean, I can HEAR what was recorded? But there is no VIDEO. yet when I play it on my phone everything works on it. Not all the videos I captured with my phone are that way either, most of them do work whether watching on my phone or computer. Everything on my PC is up to date. It can't be my PC.

Is pissing me off, because is very important documentation I have being doing. Should I Make new thread for this?

Thanks guys! Happy Fathers Day to the Good fathers :)

Last edited: