Flashing HTC Rezound to Page Plus

Epic

Reaction score
Is it a good idea? I am an absolute noob when it comes to ROMS, Flashing, Current updates and all that stuff, but I know there is ways to flash phones for different carriers. I am using my HTC Rezound on Straight Talk on T-Mobile antennas. I am honestly broke at I am trying to cut down from the $45 plan to the $30, but want to keep at least a decent phone (no down grade), and only way I can use $30 Plan on straight talk is if I buy a Straight talk direct phone, while page plus offers a $30 PLAN.

Thanks for the suggestions and tips if it would be a GOOD idea to pay someone to do it. (I am not going to attempt doing it my self by any means)

acejavelin

Reaction score
The details to do this are here: HTC Rezound on Pageplus : Guide - xda-developers

Athough this is not for the feign of heart, and requires a donor Page Plus phone, so there is some investment, but the potential to completely and permanently brick your Rezound is there. Honestly, your best bet is to suck it up and deal with the $45/month or move to a dumb phone if the $15 is that much of a deal. Not trying to criticize you, just making an honest recommendation.

jmmailin

Reaction score
Apologies for being late to the party, but if it's on T-Mobile - Isn't that a GSM network? Meaning the phone won't work on PagePlus/Verizon's CDMA network at all? I have an old (at least in tech terms) HTC Verizon Tbolt on PagePlus, but had to send it off to company in TX to get it flashed so 3G data would work. Local phone shop could flash and get talk & text, but was unable to get data. Having of course not read all forum rules, I'm not sure, but suspect I'm not supposed to mention specific companies here, but I'm assuming you can write me direct if you are still interested and want that one's name.

acejavelin

Reaction score
PagePlus is a Verizon reseller... CDMA, no LTE

T-Mobile is GSM, but the Rezound can only use Edge on the TMO network, no 3G.