HTC Rezound owner wanting to move to Straight Talk Wireless

Jaba108

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals. I'm a long-time Verizon customer who is looking for better value for my money with my wireless plan. I currently have the HTC Rezound and love the phone. I am looking to drop my contract with Verizon and get this phone unlocked for use with Straight Talk Wireless, or something similar. I am looking for any advice (such as issues I may experience, or will it even work). I'm not experienced with rooting Android phones but I am a very experienced computer user including, but not limited to, computer repairs and builds. I'm positive I can do this myself but I am looking for guidance so I don't brick the phone. Any advice or help would be much appreciated, ESPECIALLY if it involves anything that has to do with using the HTC Rezound on Straight Talk Wireless. Thanks very much again!

acejavelin

Reaction score
Honestly, to save money your best bet is going to depend on your carriers that service your area, but for the money and trouble if you want to go prepaid and save a ton, unload the Rez (I sold mine for $150 a couple months ago) and pickup an GSM phone appropriate for the carriers in your area (T-Mobile or AT&T) or an unlocked one, grab a SIM from ST/Net10, AIO Wireless, AT&T GoPhone, T-Mobile prepaid or something like that, T-Mobile has some awesome deals as low as $30/month if they service your area, or the AT&T resellers average around $50/month. I went Nexus 4 and originally Net10, but switched to GoPhone after nothing but problems, its a a little more up front but you can save big in the long run.

Several threads have been out there about the Rezzy on ST/Net10, and it is generally a failure, although some people with enough knowledge have been able to do some serious editing of NV and prop.build and get basic 3G service, it is not consistent though.

dwainew77

Reaction score
Rezound works stock on Straight-Talk

Hi guys and gals. I'm a long-time Verizon customer who is looking for better value for my money with my wireless plan. I currently have the HTC Rezound and love the phone. I am looking to drop my contract with Verizon and get this phone unlocked for use with Straight Talk Wireless, or something similar. I am looking for any advice (such as issues I may experience, or will it even work). I'm not experienced with rooting Android phones but I am a very experienced computer user including, but not limited to, computer repairs and builds. I'm positive I can do this myself but I am looking for guidance so I don't brick the phone. Any advice or help would be much appreciated, ESPECIALLY if it involves anything that has to do with using the HTC Rezound on Straight Talk Wireless. Thanks very much again!

Rezound already works on Straight-Talk. I have borrowed my friend's SIM card and used it in my Rezound. You will need to change the APN to use the mobile data - Straight-Talk will assist you with this.

Shannon777

Reaction score
What about using a Rezound with Straighttalk on Verizon towers? I tried to register with the MEID number, but it keeps rejecting it. Thanks for the help in advance.

acejavelin

Reaction score
What about using a Rezound with Straighttalk on Verizon towers? I tried to register with the MEID number, but it keeps rejecting it. Thanks for the help in advance.
StraightTalk will not activate a MEID for a 4G CDMA phone that is not their own... You have to clone the MEID of a donor 3G Straight Talk phone, a questionable practice, but it can be done.