Unlimited for life?

tuffD1

Reaction score
A clip from todays "The Columbus Dispatch" talking about VZW end of unlimited data - An important point, Merritt said, is that current Verizon customers with unlimited data plans "can keep the unlimited plan. It's just like anything else we have had. Customers don't have to change plans when they renew." In addition, unlimited customers will continue to be able to upgrade to another smartphone and keep their unlimited plans, and they will be able to add or remove people from their family-share plans without making any impact on other plan members' data plans.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
I don't have to change plans when I renew? I keep my unlimited data when I upgrade to a new smartphone? (Rub my eyes) did I read this correctly? Or is there a word spin I missed somewhere?

Bretski169

Reaction score
Question is. What if you switch to a 4g phone?

Droid from sent.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Just switched back from my browser, no mention of 4g. Sorry.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
This paragraph makes me, well... a little upset - Verizon is making the move "because if you have someone paying more for unlimited and not using nearly that much data, they can actually save money and you'll have a much happier customer," Merritt said. Grrrr ò____ó when I had a dumbphone, I was recommended by my former cell provider to downgrade my plan because I wasn't using all of my data.

1person

Reaction score
Question is. What if you switch to a 4g phone?

Droid from sent.

It doesn't matter. If you have a 3G smart phone, and upgrade to a 4G smart phone you get to keep your existing unlimited data plan. The kicker is if you have unlimited data on your feature aka "dumb" phone, and switch to ANY smart phone (be it 3G or 4G) you will be required to chose from the tiered data options :(

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
This paragraph makes me, well... a little upset - Verizon is making the move "because if you have someone paying more for unlimited and not using nearly that much data, they can actually save money and you'll have a much happier customer," Merritt said. Grrrr ò____ó when I had a dumbphone, I was recommended by my former cell provider to downgrade my plan because I wasn't using all of my data.

Except the small thing where there isnt a plan cheaper than 30 for smartphones.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using DroidForums