Unlimited data on Verizon going away by the end of the year!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by spudland, May 31, 2013.

1. adrenalinemotion

adrenalinemotion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It's amusing when threads like this pop up and people lose their minds over completely unsubstantiated rumors.

2. blowngtp

blowngtp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just reading this, but I went off my unlimited data plan this past weekend. I also left the Bionic family of such. I now have a "the next big thing phone" (Verizon Galaxy Note 2) I'm not a big data user except during football season. I'll buy a couple extra g's as needed. I'm starting out with 6 to see how that goes for now and will adjust as needed. I was averaging about 1.5 g's on the Bionic. I will expect this phone to be similar after the first month or two of ownership

I for one hope those who have that Verizon unlimited data plan will be able to keep it. For me, it was time to move on...

3. Suuperflie

Suuperflie Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You're getting a note 2 now months after its been out with the octa cores right around the corner? Talk about no patience.

4. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Gold Member

Ratings:
    +468
    I think coming from a bionic that's been out for two years is quite a bit of patience... by my standards. I am lucky if I make it a year with a phone.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

5. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,353
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    I'm with you. Frankly I'm not that far along...8 months or so for my MAXX. I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting either a quad core or multi-core.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

6. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +217
    Patience must be your virtue. Me? I want it and a want it now. Same day air.

7. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Gold Member

Ratings:
    +468
    I believe it was my Maxx that lasted me the longest. Now with my note 2, this thing is so much fun...think it will outlast my Maxx.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

8. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,353
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    Yeah, really I'm the same...but sometimes the wallet takes precedence over impulse! LOL! :blink:

9. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +217
    That part of the equation is the evil nemesis.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

10. 3sweeties

3sweeties Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sitting right next to my apple holding friend, my little old 2 yr old toddler bionic pulls up web pages faster than her ATT Iphone. My Bionic has always been faster than all the lastest Iphones that all the friends sport.

My little toddler's hot spot fuels my teens 3 devices on her hot spot while I was playing words with friends. My Bionic Rocks! I have not had phone envy. I let Motorola once about 3/4 years ago for a month and a LG phone.. talk about buyer regret!

I will continue to buy whatever phones allow me to keep the 4 unlimited lines I have. By September the 5th member of our family will be getting a smart phone. She will either be getting her own plan with Verizon, or I might go with a different carrier, although there are few to chose from here. Because of upgrades, my 4 unlimited plans account contract ends late this year. As long as I can maintain unlimited, I will be with Verizon, who services my area well, if not, I guess I will be shopping.

I still love my Bionic, we have three in service. Son has a maxx that is well loved. Carry on!

11. cybric

cybric Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just activated a new line with a DNA. I moved it to my unlimited plan and moved the bionic to the new line on a shared plan with my wife. The salesman made a comment about me averaging 25 gigs a month but never mentioned that it was going away so I hope it doesn't.

12. sajokaz

sajokaz Gold Member

Ratings:
    +842
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Maxx
    I hope they didn't try to pull a fast one on you. I just activated a new line recently also, and the default option is the 2GB per month plan for $29.99. If they do let you keep your unlimited data then you might be one of the lucky ones. Just a suggestion, but you might want to check your Verizon account on-line in a day or so and see what the data plan is for the new line. if you were using 25GB a month and they put you on a 2GB plan, you probably don't want to find out once the next bill comes on you end up going over your limit.

13. GeLopez

GeLopez Member

Ratings:
    +8
    after 13 years i bit the bullet and left verizon. went to tmobile and to my surprise, its data speeds are doubled at my house (rural area) went from paying 99 with verizon to 80 and unlimited everything (no throttle). im now sporting an SG4 and ready to move the rest of the family over.

PS leaving verizon has been the best decision i've made.

14. Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris Member

Ratings:
    +8
    2 things? If you were only using less than a gig per month why pay extra for the 4 gig plan over the 2 gig?

2. Why worry about when you download email and such if you have at least 3 gigs to spare a month?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

15. debrad0307

debrad0307 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Tired of all the rumors regarding this. This has been going on for the last 2 years. People post this stuff and get everyone all hyped up for nothing. Like one member said, you need proof. Stop the assumptions.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

Search tags for this page
is verizon ending unlimited data plan
is verizon unlimited data going away
should i give up unlimited data on verizon
should i give up verizon unlimited data
verizon ending unlimited data

verizon unlimited data

verizon unlimited data ending

verizon unlimited data plan ending

when will verizon end unlimited data
will verizon drop unlimited data