Unlimited data on Verizon going away by the end of the year!

spudland

Reaction score
My son works for Best Buy and he has it thru not only his employees in the phones divivsion but also the Verizon employees working in their store that Verizon is killing unlimited data for EVERYONE by the end of 2013. So much for sticking with them for the Moto X...I'll be moving to Sprint and the Galaxy S4 shortly...tried it out at the store yesterday and it's very fast.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If this is true, a lot of people will be pissed. And I'm sure they'll lose a lot of customers over it. I won't be a very happy camper.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
We've known it's going away for a while, just not when. And all the major carriers are dropping it.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Where's the evidence? I really don't see it look at all the people who still have older plans from alltel, and still have night time minutes that start at eight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Printed proof of such is what's required. Speculation is never ending about this. Until it's in writing from Verizon to me, the unlimited data user, I'm not remotely worried. When and if this occurs, then the playing field will become more level, and true carrier comparisons can then be made. As of now and until such time, I'm enjoying my "data freedom" and so should you.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I agree.. Eventually it will happen.. But Verizon should think hard because stage exit right will be used by plenty of customers who are loyal to their unlimited.. Hehe

Noted 2x~4 beta

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're still under contract though and they kill unlimited data, you can drop them without paying any fees. I'm assuming they will be killing unlimited for those who are off contract only, otherwise they would lose a lot of business from contract customers dropping them fee free.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
My son works for Best Buy and he has it thru not only his employees in the phones divivsion but also the Verizon employees working in their store that Verizon is killing unlimited data for EVERYONE by the end of 2013. So much for sticking with them for the Moto X...I'll be moving to Sprint and the Galaxy S4 shortly...tried it out at the store yesterday and it's very fast.

Yeah, I was sweating over giving up unlimited data, but I bit the bullet and upgraded to the S4 on Verizon. They gave me a decent package (4g/mth, unlimited talk and texting) for about 99/month. Since I was barely using a gig/month, this plan worked out well for me. A few ways I'm using to keep my data under cap:

• Downloading LARGE apps in a wi-fi area
  • Setting up GMAIL to allow me to check for new mail, not automatically
  • Watching streaming movies using wi-fi

Now, I know wi-fi isn't an option for everyone, but if you have that luxury, utilize it as much as possible.

Btw, LOVING my new S4!

J

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
But ya see....4 gigs to some is nothing...I recall seeing users posting 84 gigs in a month...wow...but on top of that. .....

Have you noticed that tons of apps are moving to cloud based storage???? Some manufacturers are moving away from micro SD cards in their devices..

Cloud storage alone will make people chew bandwidth to access the cloud...

So its all a point to make you spend more...

huskur

Reaction score
Totally rumor mill information.

If "unlimited" goes I will go also. A basic phone to text and call from and a wifi tablet will be fine for me. Basically Verizon is telling you that you have to use someone elses data to conserve "their" network is crap.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I definitely don't want to be wifi dependant.. We shall cross that bridge when the times comes.. Most reception is good here in NY (well I hear complaints from Sprint people).. I've had a Verizon phone since it was analog...

I guess if I switch back to this one I don't have to worry right? Low on data usage.. Hehe

NotedHD

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
T-Mobiles unlimited 70 dollar plan looks more and more appealing every day. #justsaying

Yea it is appealing.. until you read the fine print. Very limited 4g locations and they need to rely on other carriers. Trust me, I was considering it myself..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yea it is appealing.. until you read the fine print. Very limited 4g locations and they need to rely on other carriers. Trust me, I was considering it myself..

But they're rolling out a bunch of new locations...they don't look like much now, but next year I think they'll look a lot better...at least I'm hoping :)