1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Uninstalled Google Voice - Now Can't Install

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Vulcan1600, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Out of frustration because of conflicts with Panda and GV, I uninstalled the GV application. Tonight I went to reinstall it, and when I looked at the Market to get the Application, it says its already installed. When I go to manage my applications, it doesn't show up in the list. And, from Market I see a shaded area where I could select "Open" and "Uninstall". Since they're shaded, I can't do anything.

Is there a way to actually retrieve the GV application and install it again, or is there a way I can completely uninstall it from my Droid so I can reinstall it again?
  2. atlharry

atlharry New Member

have you tried rebooting the phone?
  3. Vulcan1600

Yes, several times since yesterday. (Do I need to do a battery pull like my Blackberry phones were?) :icon_evil:
  4. atlharry

atlharry New Member

not sure... sorry! Doesn't hurt to try though! That's about as much as I could think of to help you other than a data wipe...
  5. Vulcan1600

If I knew of a way to save apps I wouldn't mind doing that.....again, I think back to my BB days - ahem.