Unfreeze for Updates?

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
Do I need to unfreeze any frozen apps to install a system update? I am rooted soley to freeze unwanted apps - no custom ROMS, etc.

Thanks! :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Nope. You don't have to unfreeze them

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
dsmusicbox

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
I downloaded the system update, and Titanium Backup now tells me that there is an error, and that it cannot acquire root privileges - to make sure I am rooted and that I have Busy Box??? I am presently looking for information on the forums and google, but figured I would at least post here.

I had done the one-click root back in February, and have only frozen apps. I have not messed with the system, or with custom ROMS. I did unfreeze any frozen apps prior to downloading the system update (unfroze them before I saw the message above).

Thanks for any info that can be provided!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Updates to the system OS remove ROOT so you need to re-root once you take the update.

The Droid 3 can no longer be rooted with the original method and you will need to use the Droid4/Bionic/Razr root method "motofail".

It's just as easy and is by the same person who originally found the first root method for the Droid 3.

OP
dsmusicbox

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
I just got this message and had found the same information :) I am re-rooted and a happy camper again!

Thank you!