Unbearably slow Contact list

David Dowling

Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble with their contact list? It can take upwards of 60 to 70 seconds just to pull up a contact to make a call. This is ridiculous for a phone. It seems to constantly stall when I hold a contact down to pull up the call contact option. I know if I just tap on a contact I should see their number, but most of whom are linked to their fb account and have other numbers associated with the contact so their number is hidden under in a sub menu or not even viewable. It is very frustrating to try to use the contact list on this phone for me. My friends D1 displays none of these problems.:icon_evil:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
No way that should b right if I just unlocked mine it might take 5sec to do mine.....do u have the update yet

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Whenever my D2 acts up I pull the battery and reboot. This usually clears the problem up. It doesnt happen often though. If that doesnt work then Id have to ask if added any new apps or done anything to it?

deltawing

Reaction score
Made an account just now so I could reply to this. I have this same problem, drives me crazy.

It stalls when I am creating a text message to a new contact, aka one I don't already have a conversation with. It's abysmal.

I would appreciate any help.

OP
D

David Dowling

Reaction score
Did the update, seems a little faster so far. But it is still pretty slow from time to time. It does seem to go fine sometimes and terribly at others. Love this phone other than this issue and the FB picture sync issue. Seems to just be a process problem, it gets hung on contacts so easily. I had to back out of a contact 5 times, each time waiting over a minute, just to give someone that persons phone number. That is ridiculous. Over 5 minutes to give somebody a number out of my phone is a fail in my book.

deltawing

Reaction score
I can't stop failing the update, I've tried like 10 times, any suggestions?

Do you have fb linked still? I did a factory reset and didn't link my fb and it is so much faster. I love it.

OP
D

David Dowling

Reaction score
I figured it had something to do with FB. I really don't feel like going thru the process of restoring mine, may just take fb off.