contact list issuess

nbrtrnd

Reaction score
I have tried to add people to my contacts and when I save them I can't find the contact in my contacts list. The name comes up if I dial the number and its labeled in the call list with their name but appears nowhere in the contacts list which is frustrating when I'm trying to find a contact. The only contacts I can see are the ones that I had transfered from my old phone by a verizon associate

Last edited:

bastosero

Reaction score
Go to you Contacts and hit the Menu button on your Droid. Next, choose Display options. Then click on your gmail account that you have there and put a check mark on all of the boxes that you see and click Done. That should take care of that.

jtaliani

Reaction score
You are a life saver. I have been fighting with this for about an hour. I just switched to Bugless Beast and "lost" all of my contacts. I thought it was a sync issue. I cleared all data, manually refreshed sync, restarted the phone, etc. Here I am just an idiot that didn't have all of the boxes checked. Thanks!

robsin

Reaction score
Thank you

I was about to go NUTZ with this. I didn't know that clicking my GMAIL account under contacts/display options would open up a whole extra menu with checkboxs for stuff to display. Does seem rather counter-intuitive to have to open up my GMAIL account which contains only email addresses to tell it to display "MY CONTACTS" that I have entered manually. Seems like that "My Contacts" should be enabled by default.

Definitely kludgy, but oh well.

Thanks again.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I was about to go NUTZ with this. I didn't know that clicking my GMAIL account under contacts/display options would open up a whole extra menu with checkboxs for stuff to display. Does seem rather counter-intuitive to have to open up my GMAIL account which contains only email addresses to tell it to display "MY CONTACTS" that I have entered manually. Seems like that "My Contacts" should be enabled by default.

Definitely kludgy, but oh well.

Thanks again.

You do realize syncing your contacts makes them google contacts? This is a fully google integrated phone, your gmail account is associated with everything on here: contacts, email, and the market to name a few.

Jimn

Reaction score
Contact wont save

Ok, I have read many posts on people having problems saving contacts. If you add contact from the phone and it says contact saved, are you still not seeing it? Chances are you have added it correctly.

If the above thread posts dont work, try this...... I think alot of times this is what starts the problem. Second, check your gmail account to see how many "my contacts" you have on there as opposed to the number on your phone, listed at top of contact page. For example, my gf had 118 on gmail my contact list and only 112 listed on her phone. If i tried manually adding the missing one to the phone, it would say it saved, however wouldnt show up on phone. VERY FRUSTRATING!! Here is what happened (probably because of duplicated contact merging feature on Gmail). The contact is there, it is just merged. For example if you are looking for a specific Bob and you have 5 Bob's in your phone but not the one your looking for, and you try to re-add Bob and still doesnt show, check this.....go to contacts, search, type "bob". The search results will probably show Bob's number listed under a different contact name.

SO if you go to that contact and select edit you will see 2 different contacts merged together. So while in the edit page, hit the menu button. IF this has happened, you will see a separating key, hit that, and voula, contacts saved separately!!

Hope this helps!!!