Unable To Update Droid X to Froyo 2.2

nathank

Reaction score
....this is a big WOMP WOMP for me. I was so excited to have a faster Droid X. The SetCPU helps a little bit, But I want to race the proverbial Lamborghini on the Autobahn! I'd bet froyo will come out officially before the bootloader is cracked.

nathank

Reaction score
To the OP. I'm in the same boat. I went through the motions of rooting my X and then found out that you cant use any custom roms....

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No roms at all for the droidx as of yet.

For those using RM with the DX does it apply themes or is it of no use at this point in time?

thanks

nathank

Reaction score

For those using RM with the DX does it apply themes or is it of no use at this point in time?

thanks

As I understand it because of a locked bootloader and other things, the ROM Manager is completely useless. I could be wrong about the themes, however. I haven't been able to apply any.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

thanks

As I understand it because of a locked bootloader and other things, the ROM Manager is completely useless. I could be wrong about the themes, however. I haven't been able to apply any.

Not having the droidx I wasn't sure. I suspect the files on the phone are layed out differently and I know some themes need to be ported to the various roms too.

ChugIt

Reaction score
You may be right on that. Supposedly by late summer, which is approaching fast, the X will be getting 2.2 pushed to it. My wife has an X and still uses one of my Droids so she can watch flash videos while she waits. LoL it WAS her Droid before she upgraded. I guess it was my early birthday present to have a 2nd Droid, you could say.

nathank

Reaction score
Grrr..... And I just read that Froyo has been rooted already for the DROID1. Waaaaa....... I want my Froyo!!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So without custom bootloaders.... my rooted droid X is no different than a non-rooted X... other than the ability to use SetCPU and other minor tweak apps? That cost money?

Overclock widget is another app that can be looked at but I also believe you can't switch kernels. Without one that can be overclocked you might be out of luck there too.

You can remove some bloatware. You probably can customize some of the graphics.

When the original Droid was first rooted we were in the same boat. For a little while it did nothing for the vast majority of us it and it meant waiting for those with the skills to create stuff the rest of us could use.

Elkay

Reaction score
You can overclock without a kernel change. I released how to do it Saturday. There's already a thread about it.