Koush's ClockWork Recovery work for froyo

cgrimm9

Reaction score
can I install Koush's Clockwork recovery on 2.2 froyo and get into recovery wanted to wait ti ll froyo came out till i did the recovery since I most likely not going to update to the 2.2 final release I would like to do that now does it work for froyo.

suzook

Reaction score
can I install Koush's Clockwork recovery on 2.2 froyo and get into recovery wanted to wait ti ll froyo came out till i did the recovery since I most likely not going to update to the 2.2 final release I would like to do that now does it work for froyo.
It works fine....go for it.

Reaction score
I'm having issues with Clockwork Recovery booting into recovery mode... I can cet the default Moto recovery menu, but no Clockwork - it just boots up. Am I missing anything in the way of tricks/key presses to catch it?

OP
C

cgrimm9

Reaction score
it works thank you i first installed the bootstrapp recovery and then I hit the reboot recovery button in the droid x bootstrapper app this got me into the recovery to make my nand backup. if you don't install the bootstrapp recovery and hit the reboot recovery your phone will just restart.

Last edited:
OP
C

cgrimm9

Reaction score
Ahh... thx. Is it Koush's bootstarpper? Available in Market?

i just searched bootstrap but its called droid x recovery bootstrap i downloaded it from here i plan to pay for it when I catch up on some bills to help him keep ontrying to get roms to work.

Reaction score
Thank you Sir! Just installed it. I too like to pay these guys. Paid for the ROM manager already... the only way I can help contribute to these guys! A programmer I am not!

:gotmyvote:

Reaction score
Okay... must have killed more brain cells than I thought back in my younger years...

After Bootstrap installed, still not able to boot to Koush's ROM manager. I know I'm missing something blatently and stupidly simple... but what do I need to do? Signed: A Serious Head-Case

OP
C

cgrimm9

Reaction score
Never mind... like I said, blatently simple: I forgot to actually "RUN" bootstrap! D'Oh!

Thanks again for your help!

i have no problem helping when I can. I am still new to the smartphone cause I been using flip phones for a long time. but I am intersted in doing hacks NOT SMART ENOUGH TO find them on my own. but like to see what I can do to make things better. so far softmodded my wii and now my phone. the phone was just easier.

monkeyshines

Reaction score
Ahh... thx. Is it Koush's bootstarpper? Available in Market?

i plan to pay for it when I catch up on some bills to help him keep ontrying to get roms to work.

Yeah, I paid the $2 for the app and now I can't pay my mortgage and my car payment was refused because it was $2 short. I should have waited until I was in a better financial situation. :icon_rolleyes:

dfitz

Reaction score
I had Bootstrap on my phone but now Rom Manager is able to flash the recovery to the X. And if you are on 2.1 trying to go to 2.2, when you select download rom, under stock images there is Droid X 2.2. Hope this helps!

suzook

Reaction score
OP
C

cgrimm9

Reaction score
i plan to pay for it when I catch up on some bills to help him keep ontrying to get roms to work.

Yeah, I paid the $2 for the app and now I can't pay my mortgage and my car payment was refused because it was $2 short. I should have waited until I was in a better financial situation. :icon_rolleyes:

lmao:biggrin:

Sorry dude unlike 2 dollars is actually alot to me. I have kids and a wife to feed off my low paying job I have to manage my money to live. and 2 dollars right now is alot to me right now I just spent 100 dollars on this phone and I have to catch up. say what you wan't everyone has there own situation.