Droid X Keeps booting into Clockwork Recovery witha few other questions

nerdstaz

Reaction score
I installed Froyo on my root using the following method:

Easy way to Froyo if you rooted and themed, and bootstrapped or if you just rooted. It's easy. - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - Easy way to Froyo if you rooted and themed, and bootstrapped or if you just rooted. It's easy. - Droid X Rootin

After I was done, I had some weird things going on. So I did a data wipe and it seemed to clear ALMOST everything up. Now when I power down it sends me into clockwork recovery each time. Any ideas? Edit: And when I go to recovery I can just click reboot and it boots up, not a HUGE deal just annoying.

EDIT: This problem occurred because I didn't reinstall the bootloader app by koush. Now I can use quick boot and it reboots properly. Hope this helps someone!

Also, is there a market workaround for signed apps that aren't showing up that I can install as a .zip or is that not available yet?

And last but not least, I see people renaming bloatware and all of that jazz, but what would be the method to just MOVE it to another directory, so if I need it I can just move it back. Renaming those files could be a PITA.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I installed Froyo on my root using the following method:

Easy way to Froyo if you rooted and themed, and bootstrapped or if you just rooted. It's easy. - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - Easy way to Froyo if you rooted and themed, and bootstrapped or if you just rooted. It's easy. - Droid X Rootin

After I was done, I had some weird things going on. So I did a data wipe and it seemed to clear ALMOST everything up. Now when I power down it sends me into clockwork recovery each time. Any ideas? Edit: And when I go to recovery I can just click reboot and it boots up, not a HUGE deal just annoying.

its just how CW has to be on the DX. its not a full recovery so its gonna act different than the droid.

Also, is there a market workaround for signed apps that aren't showing up that I can install as a .zip or is that not available yet?

see post above for build.prop. use root explorer or ADB to replace it

And last but not least, I see people renaming bloatware and all of that jazz, but what would be the method to just MOVE it to another directory, so if I need it I can just move it back. Renaming those files could be a PITA.

renaming from .apk to .bak is the EASIEST way IMHO. moving will take more time than just clicking rename>changing 3 letters

Thanks!

answers in quote

OP
N

nerdstaz

Reaction score
Okay, so the rebooting into clockwork every time is perfectly normal?

BTW Thanks for your help ABE and Yukon. (EDIT)

Reaction score

yea I was looking for a lazier way to do it =) Doesn't look like it exists yet..I really just wish I could make this thing stop booting into recovery each time

This way is as simple as it gets... if you have and/or use ADB. Download the prop.build file and place it in the ADB direcotry (Usually "Tools") Put the phone in debug mode, plug it in to your PC via USB and choose Windows Media Sync (I have not been able to get PC mode to work since 2.2) and run "ADB USB" to start the ADB engine looking for a device on your USB ports. Run "ADB Devices" to verify it sees your phone... may take abbout 30 seconds sometimes...)

If it sees your device, just run "ADB Shell" and type the following:

adb remount

adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

reboot

That's it. Everything should show up in market after that.

Reaction score

I don't think it's normal every time... but mine does every time I enter then leave the Moto recovery screen (holding Home while powering on...)

When I choose reboot from there, it does go into Clockwork Recovery - but not during a normal reboot.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I don't think it's normal every time... but mine does every time I enter then leave the Moto recovery screen (holding Home while powering on...)

When I choose reboot from there, it does go into Clockwork Recovery - but not during a normal reboot.

its normal every OTHER time. and home+power is recovery

OP
N

nerdstaz

Reaction score

Yea basically every time I power down, it boots into clockwork recovery, then I select 'reboot' and it boots up fine. If I power down again, it goes back to clockwork recovery and rinse repeat....So I hope that's what you are referring to Abe =)

Reaction score
I'm thinking you have something funny going on. It should be a normal boot (with no Clockwork) unless you choose the Recovery mode (holding the home button on power up...)

After leaving the standard recovery, it will go to Clockwork recovery, but it shouldn't from a normal boot. At least that's how it is with everyone else I know running it...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yea basically every time I power down, it boots into clockwork recovery, then I select 'reboot' and it boots up fine. If I power down again, it goes back to clockwork recovery and rinse repeat....So I hope that's what you are referring to Abe =)

I'm thinking you have something funny going on. It should be a normal boot (with no Clockwork) unless you choose the Recovery mode (holding the home button on power up...)

After leaving the standard recovery, it will go to Clockwork recovery, but it shouldn't from a normal boot. At least that's how it is with everyone else I know running it...

ok heres how i see it. if you power down, it will go into CW. if you battery pull when starting up, it will go into CW

if you reboot (download quickboot) it shouldn't go into recovery.

but i mean is it that much of a problem? its one button press to get it to reboot again guys lol i mean come on

OP
N

nerdstaz

Reaction score
Yea it works fine with quick boot, I didn't have to use that on the Droid1, so I didn't know of its existence. That's fine by me. Thanks for your help broduders.

OP
N

nerdstaz

Reaction score
Ha, Okay..the first time with quick boot it was fine. But now its back to having to go through recovery every time. Like I said, its not the end all be all, I just would like more ideas to maybe fix it.

SHOOT ME

haha

OP
N

nerdstaz

Reaction score
Ha, I am an idiot. I see now. The problem the whole time was, when I restored I forgot to reinstall the bootloader app. Fixed and working properly now.

Oh well, maybe this will help someone else. Gonna Edit my OP.