Uh-Oh!! Verizon's new battery door fix

Hector1959

Reaction score
Guys, don't pay attention to that!!! There are peoples out thee that are jealous of the phone and Verizon network and they will say or put anything on the internet to make you feel your phone is not good. For the record, my cover is just fine!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, you guys that don't have this issue must have NEVER taken it off. Mine falls off ALL the time. I'll have to get a replacement cover myself.

Well, I certainly don't take it off as much as I did when I had my Storm. There simply is no reason to. But I can state for a fact that mine is not only tight, it's down right difficult to get that sucker off. No problem on my end.

I agree with previous posters, that may have been one stores solution. If I had this issue I wouldn't accept it.

mike

Reaction score
Battery cover on my launch day Droid fits perfectly - has never come off accidentally.

macarunni

Reaction score
The battery door sucks on my Droid. Don't think I'm going to be running into the Big Red store for jerry riggin'!

cgarnes

Reaction score
Well, my Droid is super-babied, and I thought others were over-dramatizing the door issue. I'm a teacher, and I placed my Droid on my desk, and the stupid batter door DID open a little. That has never happened on any other phone that I have had, and I was ticked. I mean, I really take care of my equipment. If that link is valid (and not a joke, as I suspect it might be), then, that "Verizon band-aid cure" is just INSULTING.

Lame doesn't begin to even to describe it. Surely, that IS A HOAX?

cgarnes

Reaction score
For those who have never taken off their door, what are you doing to transfer files on your memory card (if you don't have your USB cord handy)? I've had to take mine out a few times, and you have to take the door off to get at that card (and that is a REAL hassle, but that is another issue for another thread, I supposed).

I never had any issues with my old HTC phone's card slot, and I wondered why Motorola buried the SD card like this. The card slot was on the base of my old phone, and that card never fell out. I wish the Droid had easier access to the SD card. It's hard to get the card out of there! Maybe, if they did have create easier access to the memory card there would not have been so many issues with the door coming off or sliding out of place.

Engineering goofed on this one!

PS: Mine was a launch-day Droid, too.

Last edited:

Shel

Reaction score
For those who have never taken off their door, what are you doing to transfer files on your memory card (if you don't have your USB cord handy)?

If I'm going to transfer one photo, or one word doc, or one mp3, I use Clip2Mobile.

Great program! You install a client program on your PC, install the app from the Market to your Droid. Now, you can simply launch Clip2Mobile on your PC. A window opens up, and you can drag files to that window for wireless transfer to your Android device.

Once you launch Clip2Mobile on your phone, any apps you dragged to the PC program will now be available for download to your Droid (or any Android device)

I use this for new backgrounds I've found on the web that I want to try on my phone, as well.

If I'm going to transfer an entire album of music, or 10-whatever # of photos (I'm into photography), then I do connect my Droid via USB to my PC. But, that isn't that often, and can always wait till I'm at my PC.

I only remove the batt door if I have to do a reset (has happened only once, in the six weeks I've had my Droid)