Twitter apps?

Mojo

Reaction score
It all comes down to user preference. Twitdroid is good, but I think swift is better. You can't go wrong with either. That being said....twitdroid has a new version coming out on Monday.

alphabuild

Reaction score
Coming from Tweetie, Twidroid has its shortcomings but there are a lot of things I like about it. I prefer it to Swift but you should try both.

TomN

Reaction score
Tweetie 2 was the best twitter app that I've seen. I'm playing around with Twidroid and this new one, Seesmic. Not really sure which one I like better but I'm looking forward to the Twidroid update on Monday.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, tweetie 2 is awesome, too bad the guys seems like a major iphone/apple fan boy and probably wouldn't consider developing for android. Ohwell, I did like swift over twidroid but for some reason something in the UI didn't flow right with me. Twidroid works well (has good balance of features and UI, although I wish they would make their UI better). I'm loving Seesmic's UI though, maybe if they update with more twitter features It'll take a place at the top.

edavis

Reaction score
Take a look at Seesmic. Great Twitter app. The deveopment team is always adding features. They have web based, Windows based and mobile versions. :)

alphabuild

Reaction score
just started to mess around with seesmic. the interface is the best out of all the twitter clients for sure. if they add multiple accounts feature i will switch from twidroid for sure, and pay if needed.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm reviving this thread because I want to talk about Seesmic and Twitroid. The one advantage Twitroid has over Seesmic that I see is you can turn the client off. After that Seesmic gets the nod.

With Seesmic you can do multiple replies. If you can do that in twitroid I haven't figured it out. And after having it for a week if it takes that long then it's too complicated.

I also use Seesmic on my Mac (Twhirl). I just think they do a good job.

zegolf

Reaction score
I'm reviving this thread because I want to talk about Seesmic and Twitroid. The one advantage Twitroid has over Seesmic that I see is you can turn the client off. After that Seesmic gets the nod.

With Seesmic you can do multiple replies. If you can do that in twitroid I haven't figured it out. And after having it for a week if it takes that long then it's too complicated.

By "Multiple Replies" I'm hoping you mean "Reply to All"? Twidroid doesn't do that, and it sucks. Twidroid DOES do auto-complete, which is great. Haven't had the chance to play with Seesmic, though, so any input would be great!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

By "Multiple Replies" I'm hoping you mean "Reply to All"? Twidroid doesn't do that, and it sucks. Twidroid DOES do auto-complete, which is great. Haven't had the chance to play with Seesmic, though, so any input would be great!

Yes, Reply to all is what I meant. Sorry for any confusion.