Turn Off "Move to SD Card" Notifications

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
Every time I download or update an app, the option to "Move to SD Card" appears on the notification bar (and a blue icon near the top right). I've looked through the menus and done some google searching, but I can't find the setting to turn off that notification. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I've never had this problem, but a search of the internet brought this response on another website:

• You may actually be able to turn off this notification. When you get the notification, tap and hold it, select info about the app and then turn off the option for messages in this app.

I can't verify if it works or not, since I'm not having the same notification that you are, but hopefully it will work.

Good luck!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
dumb question but, you didnt mistakenly or on purpose download an app like "app to sd" or similar? once installed, they ask every time you dl an app that can be moved, if you want to move it.

OP
PurpleSunday

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
Thank you both. Yes, I saw the suggestions too about tapping and holding the notification, but it always just took me to app info. What I didn't realize is that it wasn't the info for the updated app, but for the "All in One Toolbox" app. I've had this app for quite a while, but the move to sd notification must be a relatively new feature in one of the recent updates. I found the setting to turn it off. Thanks again!