Try to flash jakebite mod

earlybill1

Reaction score
I go to rom mgr n try to boot into recovery but it just rebooted my phone how do I install it plus it does same for superuser 3.0 what am I doing wrong

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mapatton

Reaction score
I go to rom mgr n try to boot into recovery but it just rebooted my phone how do I install it plus it does same for superuser 3.0 what am I doing wrong

What ROM are you running? If you are running the latest MIUI you need to run the cat.jpg script in order for ROM Manager to boot into recovery.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
What ROM are you running? If you are running the latest MIUI you need to run the cat.jpg script in order for ROM Manager to boot into recovery.

Yeah on miui.us how do I run cat.jog script

leftspin

Reaction score
yeah, the new MIUI ICS build won't let you boot straight to recovery. To bypass this like mapatton said either run the cat.jpg script or get to CWM through the custom boot menu (when you reboot the phone, watch the LED in the top left corner while the phone displays the boot logo. When it turns blue press volume down and you'll be taken to the custom boot menu where you can select recovery)

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Thanks ill try that is there ne thing I need to do b4 flashing jakebite r superuser like wipe cache r mount ne thing

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
OK just flashed jakebite mod when I rebooted screen went black I got scared but I press volume down n rebooted again now I got new superuser 3.0 but how do I open up terminal to type command I don't see it

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
I flashed jakebite mod n can tell a lil difference my question is can I run v6 supercharged with 3gsupercharged r which is better does ne 1 know ne other things to do with jakebite r terminal emulator

leftspin

Reaction score
I flashed jakebite mod n can tell a lil difference my question is can I run v6 supercharged with 3gsupercharged r which is better does ne 1 know ne other things to do with jakebite r terminal emulator

As far as I know you can use them together but I may be wrong on that

leftspin

Reaction score
Also, unless you're a developer you won't have much use for the terminal

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

actually... the newer versions of jakebites actually have the 3g script built it in... so you don't need to run both of them
and with the ternminal emulator you just type
su
modcenteral
then you can enable/disable the mods, choose a different governor(interacticex is default with it) as it installs three different ones... as i stated above you can run the 3g and v6 supercharger script... you can also use it to overclock/undervolt your phone

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
OK I got a dumb question I'm on miui loving it tried all other roms but cyanmod7 I'm running 3g turbocharged very good now what else can I mess with any advice please

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Which governor do I use n do u know ne pre sets for overclocking n lastly can I use a different launcher on miui just wanna try new things what else can I do to my droidx lol just wanna play ya know kinda get to know everything bout my x an what it can do

leftspin

Reaction score
Which governor do I use n do u know ne pre sets for overclocking n lastly can I use a different launcher on miui just wanna try new things what else can I do to my droidx lol just wanna play ya know kinda get to know everything bout my x an what it can do

I use the ondemand kernel (or smartass, just because I like the name) and it works just fine. I also use profiles to save battery life.

You can use any launcher on any ROM provided it's compatible with the Android version, I always use LancherPro Plus no matter what ROM I'm on