Boot mgr pro help

earlybill1

Reaction score
Is liberty rom a 2nd init rom that I can use as my phone rom for boot manager also does the liberty stock recovery work rite cause it says not to use Droid x or 2 bootstrap am I rite I'm a lil scared to use boot mgr but gonna five it a try I've read up on it alot wish me luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
If you're talking about Liberty 3 then no, a 2nd-init ROM is one that uses the FroYo kernel to boot GB or the GB kernel to boot ICS. The only time you would need to Bootstrap is on stock GB, custom ROMs both 2nd-init and non 2nd-init have their own reboot to recovery option without needing to use the bootstrap utility.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
So since I'm running liberty 3 can I do a nandroid backup then flash miui over liberty so I can use miui for my phone rom in boot mgr then use liberty as my 1st rom. When doing that do I install my backup of liberty to boot mgr or would I just have to reflash it

leftspin

Reaction score
I don't know, from what I understand you just need a 2nd-init ROM as your phone ROM and then you can install pretty much whatever you want as a slot ROM but I've never used Boot Manager so I don't know about restoring your backup. As long as the version of MIUI you're using is 2nd-init then it should be fine as a phone ROM.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Would u know if I need to have miui already flashed to use as phone rom or could I flash from there I've used b4 but it didn't work I had to restore a backup so kids iffy bout it til I get good info ya know

leftspin

Reaction score
Everything I already told you is really all I know, as far as I know as long as you have a 2nd-init ROM as your phone ROM then you should be able to install anything you want as the slot ROMs. I don't know the specifics about whether you can use MIUI or Liberty 3 and where because I don't know enough about those ROMs.