How Do I USE Jakebites Mod?

receptacle

Reaction score
I have spent a lot of time looking myself on Google, this forum, other forums, and the rootzwiki page for Jakebites Mod, but I can't find any information on how to actually use it. The closest I've come is someone saying "use terminal emulator." That's not exactly helpful. How do I actually use and adjust things in Jakebites Mod, and where in the world does this information reside (it must be somewhere)?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
in terminal emulator... you'll want to type two commands
su
to grant it super user permissions for that session...
modcentral
that will show you all your options

havens1515

Reaction score
JakesMod does a lot of things without needing any intervention. As soon as you flash it, it makes a lot of changes. But if you want to tweak it a little, use the commands that Nemo mentioned above.

OP
receptacle

receptacle

Reaction score
Thank you both for that information. Very simple but if you don't know it and can't find it, then it's a big mystery. :)
Havens1515, I wondered if that was the case, but wasn't sure. It's good to know that it's helping simply by flashing even if I don't tweak, because frankly I probably won't want to take too many chances with it in case I screw something up. But if I want to explore, at least now I know how.

Hallsie11

Reaction score
Thanks

I had the same issue. Ran around all the forums and all I could find was "use terminal emulator". This saved my day and started the tweaking.!!

loki993

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Ran around all the forums and all I could find was "use terminal emulator". This saved my day and started the tweaking.!!

Yeah getting in is one thing. But knowing what your tweaking and what its actually doing is another. Thats the info that would be nice.

Hallsie11

Reaction score
Tweaking

Have you gone in yet or just talking in general? Several of the ones I looked at were explained at least in a small amount or had settings that were advised. There are also several help files within the program that will take you take you to html sites outside of the program while using. After that, yes, it can be a little confusing, but it is easier to google the specific tweaks rather than just jakebites mod.

phatreno

Reaction score
I Get modcentral not found used quick install from market v14 only one I could find any help

phatreno

Reaction score
I have had more issues trying to get jakebites than anything I used jbitesgui to install it says install successful but can't get into terminal with modcentral u get super user ,but then modcentral not found ,really want this mod but I'm have no luck or good info,can someone please help with this issue thanks

havens1515

Reaction score
This is the thread where you can download JBM:

[Mods] Jakebitesmods V18 For D2 Ota Gb Kernel All Roms! [Mods] - RootzWiki

flash it in recovery. The phone will appear to bootloop once, that's normal due to the governor he is using. When it reboots completely, you should be able to access modcentral.

PS - the point of JBMGUI is that you don't HAVE to use modcentral. It's supposed to supply you with a graphical way to enable/disable the mods.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll upload the latest version and link ya to it... All toy have to do us just flash it in recovery... Then use terminal emulator and type
Su
Modcentral

Post script: here it's Jake bites v19
http://db.tt/LqXTfM1y

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

phatreno

Reaction score
what? You need to install JBM.zip via CWM (at least thats only way I know of)

If I could only find that zip all I find are dead links and no one knows where to get it. I gave up looking after 3 days closes thing I found was on the market but I guess that wasn't t

he zip