Trouble entering Recovery Mode

OP
R

RadicalNH1

Reaction score
Yeah im convinced its a bum phone, looks like im off the verizon for a 4th droid! (one would freeze every 5 mins, one i smashed the screen, now this!)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez that is terrible. I hope the folks at VZW can get this resolved in short order.

Mike

pinto127

Reaction score
Radical- Unless someone else has some ideas you might have a warranty/insurance issue

Pinto- Did you root 1st or did you just get RM?

I am rooted and my phone works fine i just cant restore or backup. says priveledged commands are a no go trying to reinstall SU but having issues

What do you mean trying to reinstall su?

If you have the ninja in your app drawer click it and see if RM has been granted su permissions.

Wont let me open SU. Someone told me to reinstall SU from market. Thought it woud restore my SU permissions which i have seemibgly lost

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am rooted and my phone works fine i just cant restore or backup. says priveledged commands are a no go trying to reinstall SU but having issues

What do you mean trying to reinstall su?

If you have the ninja in your app drawer click it and see if RM has been granted su permissions.

Wont let me open SU. Someone told me to reinstall SU from market. Thought it woud restore my SU permissions which i have seemibgly lost

Don't think you can get su from the market. What Rom are you running?

pinto127

Reaction score
Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B
NexTheme
Chevy #1 LV Slot 7 1200

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
NexTheme
Chevy #1 LV Slot 7 1200

My advice would be to reinstall BB 0.4 No wipe, confirm su is fixed then reinstall NexTheme No wipe, don't think you will need to install the kernel again. Have you ever installed Roms/Themes manually?

pinto127

Reaction score
NexTheme
Chevy #1 LV Slot 7 1200

My advice would be to reinstall BB 0.4 No wipe, confirm su is fixed then reinstall NexTheme No wipe, don't think you will need to install the kernel again. Have you ever installed Roms/Themes manually?

I cant get into recovery to install BB again. This is part of my issue. I cannot install from .ZIP because ROM MGR wont let me. When I try the M symbol stays on my phone forever. That happens when i try to back up my current ROm. I would LOVE to reinstall. How?/

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
NexTheme
Chevy #1 LV Slot 7 1200

I cant get into recovery to install BB again. This is part of my issue. I cannot install from .ZIP because ROM MGR wont let me. When I try the M symbol stays on my phone forever. That happens when i try to back up my current ROm. I would LOVE to reinstall. How?/

So just want to make sure I'm reading right, RM won't let you do anything, and when you boot up while holding x it never gets past the M screen. Is this correct?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes! THAT IS EXACTLY CORRECT

Sorry to say, but you might need to flash the 2.0.1.sbf. then the SPR.sbf install a rooted Rom, skip sign in, then D/L RM again to flash CW, then you can restore your most current backup. Check the link in my sig to get going.

Might I advise dropping RM after you're up and running again, it's had major Froyo issues.

pinto127

Reaction score
Ok so I did all of the above and even went back to stock unrooted. The re-rooted after 2.2 update. Got everything working wel then restored my back up and BLAM back to the same issue. Thanks for your help. I think I will wait for a ROM MGR update since all is working and I can only not back up right now. I am happy with the way my phone is just a bit uneasy that I cannot back up. thanks again for your help.

L4WD0GG

Reaction score
Im having problems entering recovery mode, i power off the phone then hold the x key on the keyboard and the power button, but rather then enter recovery mode it just stays at the Motorola symbol and seems to freeze. Also the X key does work ive check it Any ideas?

Once at the triangle with the (!) in it... press the search key on your keyboard.
BAM! your in recovery mode. If you have clockwork mod recovery installed it will default to that first. If you want into SP-recovery, select the option in clockwork mod to reboot into recovery. It will take you to the screen previously mentioned.

BTW... I do magic... ;-)