Trouble entering Recovery Mode

RadicalNH1

Reaction score
Im having problems entering recovery mode, i power off the phone then hold the x key on the keyboard and the power button, but rather then enter recovery mode it just stays at the Motorola symbol and seems to freeze. Also the X key does work ive check it Any ideas?

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im having problems entering recovery mode, i power off the phone then hold the x key on the keyboard and the power button, but rather then enter recovery mode it just stays at the Motorola symbol and seems to freeze. Any ideas?

my guess is you used rom manager, yes? If so go into rom manager scroll to the bottom and flash alt recovery, then flash back to clockwork, try again.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It appears that you are not rooted. Is your battery sufficiently charged?
Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This seems strange. Typically, I do not make any changes in recovery unless my battery is at least 70% charged. I do not think, however, that a half charged battery would prevent you from going into recovery.

Have you ever tried to root and not complete the process?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Very strange...bum phone possibally, how long have you had it.

pinto127

Reaction score
Im having problems entering recovery mode, i power off the phone then hold the x key on the keyboard and the power button, but rather then enter recovery mode it just stays at the Motorola symbol and seems to freeze. Any ideas?

my guess is you used rom manager, yes? If so go into rom manager scroll to the bottom and flash alt recovery, then flash back to clockwork, try again.

I am having the sam problem but ROM MGR wont let me flash anything. says cannot run priviledged commands.

OP
R

RadicalNH1

Reaction score
nope never tried to root, and ive had a few droids this one for like 4 months or so, everything has worked fine with it. The whol reason im doing this is because 2.2 failed to install, and froze wondering if the problem with the recovery mode is to blame

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Radical- Unless someone else has some ideas you might have a warranty/insurance issue

Pinto- Did you root 1st or did you just get RM?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pinto, did you use easy root? If so, here is linkhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/70893-i-am-screwed.html#post738504 to an thread posted earlier today look at boxes 1, 6, 7, and 8

Let me know if this helps

pinto127

Reaction score
Radical- Unless someone else has some ideas you might have a warranty/insurance issue

I am rooted and my phone works fine i just cant restore or backup. says priveledged commands are a no go trying to reinstall SU but having issues

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I am rooted and my phone works fine i just cant restore or backup. says priveledged commands are a no go trying to reinstall SU but having issues

What do you mean trying to reinstall su?

If you have the ninja in your app drawer click it and see if RM has been granted su permissions.