transferring text messages

mrmark27

Reaction score
I tried searching because im sure this has been asked before but wasn't seeing an answer come up. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to transfer my text messages from one phone to another? I have the OG Droid and im picking up a Nexus tomorrow, i'd love if there was a way to transfer all of my text's from my droid to the new Nexus. Any ideas/options?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the texting app GO sms, which has a feature built into it.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I use the texting app GO sms, which has a feature built into it.

Good call on that one, I didn't think of that as I have gone back to the stock messaging client. But that is a good option for fans of the alternatives.

OP
M

mrmark27

Reaction score
nice, thanks guys. i downloaded the SMS Backup & Restore app. Im getting the nexus first thing in the morning so hopefully the transfer goes smoothly. im guessing i just transfer the backup file from my droid over to the nexus and hit the restore button and all my texts should show up?

Detonation

Reaction score
nice, thanks guys. i downloaded the SMS Backup & Restore app. Im getting the nexus first thing in the morning so hopefully the transfer goes smoothly. im guessing i just transfer the backup file from my droid over to the nexus and hit the restore button and all my texts should show up?

Correct, they'll back up to an xml file in the specified folder on your SD card. Then just move that file to your Nexus and restore. Note that if you have 1000s of messages it will take a while.

OP
M

mrmark27

Reaction score
thanks all. it took a few minutes for the nexus to load up all the old texts and boot them up but it seems like a great success!

buffwin

Reaction score
SMS Backup & Restore or SMS Backup +. They both work.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SMS Backup & Restore or SMS Backup +. They both work.

+1 for SMS Backup & Restore! No experience with SMS Backup + though.

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

deveauwelle32

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone
Hello, I like to use MobiKin transfer for mobile program, it works well on my side, just help me transfer various data from my old phone to new phone directly and safely, hope your problem can be solved quickly.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Hello, I like to use MobiKin transfer for mobile program, it works well on my side, just help me transfer various data from my old phone to new phone directly and safely, hope your problem can be solved quickly.
Sms backup and restore pro app works pretty well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
These old threads from 2011 & 2012 just keep going and going.......

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

hameasy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android
First , if you need to transfer a lot of messages , you have to get an USB cable to connect these two phones . then use transfer tool to transfer messages from phone to phone .
That's what i know .