Traded my SF fro a DX Today

celtlion

Reaction score
Really sucked because I loved almost everything about the Fascinate!

But as a camper/hiker and motorcyclist I need a reliable GPS.

After spending hours reading posts and trying almost setting known to man it's obvious that the problem is not solvable without a major change from Samsung .

Sadly, after reading their own issue forums, they have as of yet to even explain what the problem is or when it will be solved - or even officially acknowledge it exists.

I explained to the Verizon rep the issue with the GPS and they simply said a fix would come out and they wouldn't waive the fee regardless of the defect.

They also said I'm limited to one swap and this was it according to their policy - will be full price if I decide to go back the Fascinate assuming they fix their problem.

My 30 days were getting close....

So I paid the $35 dollar fee to switch to a phone I didn't really want but had no choice, I'm stuck with it now regardless because of a defect.

I'll never buy another Samsung phone..got a real bad taste in my mouth now..

Last edited:

jrl9851

Reaction score
That really sucks. My friend, who owns a vibrant, just got the OTA update for GPS fix the other day and now his GPS locks on in literally 1 second. Our GPS fix is coming. Vibrant and captivate already got theirs.

OP
celtlion

celtlion

Reaction score
Yep, I read about the update on the forums, some say it's all ok and others not.

I'll wait to hear about their results after a week or so given the randomness of this "GPS "bug"

I've already heard GPS problem NOT solved on the forums.

I've done factory resets, re-programed it to do GPS cold starts using the hidden menu feature. tried numerous patterns of VZ On/OFF, Google ON/Off Standalone ON/OFF....etc.

Sometimes it would work and then the same setting put me 1/2 a mile away the next day. It's totlly screwed and I can't believe SAMSUNG has nothing to say about this major issue.

Cost me money and locked me in on another product today..how many others?

I loved the Fascinate - the GPS fiasco screwed it up for me personally.

For those that don't need GPS, it''s perfect.

Last edited:

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
I just traded my Dx for a SF today Haha . The x's wifi was a total mess. My fascinates GPS is perfect for now LOL

OP
celtlion

celtlion

Reaction score
We must be living in parallel universes...haha.

I will say the reception seems a little better in my house with the X, even if it does feel like I'm toting around a Russian cold war era phone after pocketing the SF for a while..

:lifting:

I just traded my Dx for a SF today Haha . The x's wifi was a total mess. My fascinates GPS is perfect for now LOL.

Last edited:

Mrdanks

Reaction score
I got the fascinate and I have zero problem's. I had the x and it was nice but just had to be rooted to like it. Which I was. The samsung is perfect stock!

Sent via Fascinate.

dhaoracle

Reaction score
Really sucked because I loved almost everything about the Fascinate!

But as a camper/hiker and motorcyclist I need a reliable GPS.

After spending hours reading posts and trying almost setting known to man it's obvious that the problem is not solvable without a major change from Samsung .

Sadly, after reading their own issue forums, they have as of yet to even explain what the problem is or when it will be solved - or even officially acknowledge it exists.

I explained to the Verizon rep the issue with the GPS and they simply said a fix would come out and they wouldn't waive the fee regardless of the defect.

They also said I'm limited to one swap and this was it according to their policy - will be full price if I decide to go back the Fascinate assuming they fix their problem.

My 30 days were getting close....

So I paid the $35 dollar fee to switch to a phone I didn't really want but had no choice, I'm stuck with it now regardless because of a defect.

I'll never buy another Samsung phone..got a real bad taste in my mouth now..

Well i am sorry for you because I was going to bring my phone back too until I found this program that makes my GPS works like whoa... It is sooo accurate now that I have this program GPS Status, I get lke 7/8 Satellite fixes on an average... I love this phone even more and now I can wait for the Froyo 2.2 update when it comes out to fix this problem because it is only a software problem because al the program did was either reset the GPS sensor or downloaded new information. I think that it is the Downloading part that is not working...

Mrdanks

Reaction score
What program maybe you could help somebody else with the same problem?

Sent via Fascinate.

dhaoracle

Reaction score
The program is called "GPS Status" but I am about to get another one because it takes like 1 minute to connect but when it does it is locked on like a backpack...