Considering a Fascinate? Consider the fate of the phone in the ROM communities hands.

OP
Discover

Discover

Reaction score
the performance of the phone i like. and after i downloaded the smasung source and saw a windows directory in there all my questions on why this phone bothers me so much now makes perfect sense.

so like everyone else im waiting for the ROMS to start coming out so i can finally enjoy what this phone is meant to be.

bwhite757

Reaction score
I'm content with the phone the way it is. Don't get me wrong, I tried every ROM under the Sun with my D1, and loved every minute of it, and I'm sure I will do the same with the Fascinate once it gets to that point. I went back and played with my D1 for a little while today, and was just amazed at how small that screen was, not to mention it took me a few minutes to turn it on as I was hitting/holding the volume rocker to power it on... lol

I like the fact that the Galaxy S series is pretty much on every major carrier with little differences here and there, which should make development a little easier to roll out ROMs for the different versions, maybe not, but in my mind it sounds good.

I'm patient. I do miss 2.2, but I can wait. This phone has more than enough to tide me over..

ohfire

Reaction score
I as well came from the D1. I was rooted and constantly playing with different roms on it. Then I got the D2 and had it for about a week. I did not root it, it was a great phone, I just was not settled with it. I had the chance to switch to the fascinate and did. I have only had it a day, but so far I am pretty impressed. I played with it quite a bit and the battery did very well. It is certainly not slow for being only a 2.1 phone and I really have not noticed a lag. I have downloaded the files to root it, but I have not pulled the trigger yet. I think I will just sit and wait for the good things to happen.

jimmy3299

Reaction score
i rooted and i am happy i did lagfix seemed to help some and i had to delete the annoying verizon crap... as well as wifi i wanted free teathering

dakoop

Reaction score
My Fascinate will arrive tomorrow. Cant wait to tinker with it and or play with some ROM's