Too New

Tinc

Reaction score
OK show of hands, who here joined this forum before even owning their first Droid?

I'm almost there. Trying now to find the best deal on Motorola Droid or Incredible.

I want to get one for the wife as well.

I'm good on computers but have never phone better than a plane (free) jane cell and haven't even bothered to text because of cost.

My wife just started e-mailing and facebooking a month ago but is getting hooked quickly.

So here we are looking for deals and hints

Diordna

Reaction score
Wasn't there some 20 dollar deal thing? Or a buy one get one free deal going on now?
idk

But to answer your question yes I joined weeks before owning a droid, it helped a lot when I got it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amazon.com. I feel totally comfortable with them. 19.95 per Droid.

To answer your question I joined the forum after getting my Droid. When I googled a question it brought me here more then any place else.

OP
T

Tinc

Reaction score
New Phones

To answer your question I joined the forum after getting my Droid. When I googled a question it brought me here more then any place else.

If you buy from other than Verizon shops how do you transfer your current Phone number to the new droid(s) ?

FDFTW!!

Reaction score

If you buy from other than Verizon shops how do you transfer your current Phone number to the new droid(s) ?

You just choose upgrade when you buy the new phone AFAIK.

OP
T

Tinc

Reaction score
Shop & Compare

It sounds sweet up front. Saving $60 when buying 2 Droids.

But when you look at the Calling Plans, The one offered with Amazon costs an extra $10 a month.

Now it's apples and oranges because Verizon's Family Text/Talk is 1400 minutes and Amazon's is 2000.

But we don't think we even need all of 1400 per mo.

Everything else is equal except I can have the Droids in hand in 15 minutes by driving to Verizon's shop.

Costco offers a even cheaper plan but they have zero Droids in Stock.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Wasn't there some 20 dollar deal thing? Or a buy one get one free deal going on now?
idk

But to answer your question yes I joined weeks before owning a droid, it helped a lot when I got it.

Buy one get one free deals, I've saw commercials for that recently (last few days at least).

I didn't join until after, but I found it when I was researching Droid.

jRaskell

Reaction score
I didn't join till after I got my Droid, but I was a regular visitor on this forum for the few weeks leading up my purchase. In fact, this site was an integral part of my smart phone research leading to my decision to buy a Droid.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Got my Droid shortly after release. Had a question that was not in the manual, did a google search and found this forum. Haven't look at anything else when it comes to my Droid.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

bswezea

Reaction score
I was a die hard Windows Mobile user for 6 years. My touch screen stopped working on June 4. While I was waiting for the "techs" at the store to look at the phone. I played around with Android phones. I fell in love with them instantly. I hope to get a phone with my renewal is period is up. Until then I am learning as much as I can.

Merritt

Reaction score
I joined a few weeks before I got my Droid, and I think I'm the only guy left now that isn't rooted lol. Haven't really had the time to research enough, and I'm not really sure I should root since I have limited computer knowledge, I'm afraid I'll screw something up and not be able to fix it lol.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK show of hands, who here joined this forum before even owning their first Droid?
I guess I did but I joined when my fiancee got her Droid (several months before I got my own).

Now it's apples and oranges because Verizon's Family Text/Talk is 1400 minutes and Amazon's is 2000.
Not sure what you mean. I see 700, 1400, 2000 and unlimited family plans on Aamzon, both Talk and Talk & Text -- same as what Verizon offers. Prices are the same for all plans. It's not like Amazon is its own carrier or has special plans.

Everything else is equal except I can have the Droids in hand in 15 minutes by driving to Verizon's shop.
Whether that's worth the price difference is your call to make. IIRC, Verizonwireless.com has free next day shipping on certain days of the week.

Last edited: