Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What can I say Jedi master....your kung-fu is stronger than my kung-fu
:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

There was a legend... of a legendary warrior whose skills were the stuff of legend!!

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
SGTSCHU

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Got the CLN today and charged, drained to 15% and recharged. Reads 100%. Work it out more tomorrow.

Would an improperly calibrated meter cause battery saver SA to activate early? Or stop charging battery because it thinks it is 100 even though only 70%? Do these actions read the actual battery or the meter? I'm trying to find why it only read 70% and also displayed a huge drop in battery life? Could meter be that far off, 30% seems huge.

And why wasnt that recommended by tier 2 tech rep or moto tech?

Kung fu and all...:-D

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Got the CLN today and charged, drained to 15% and recharged. Reads 100%. Work it out more tomorrow.

Assuming during the two charging cycles you did so with power off?

Would an improperly calibrated meter cause battery saver SA to activate early?

Certainly could. The meter "tells" the system where it is in the SOC (State of Charge), by reading the information it reports to the CPU.

Or stop charging battery because it thinks it is 100 even though only 70%?

This can happen but not specifically due to an out of calibration meter, but more due to charging while powered on, as a result of the parasitic load of the phone throwing off the voltage and current readings. This is why you can only depend on getting a 100% full saturation charge if you charge with power off.

Do these actions read the actual battery or the meter?

The only thing that reads the battery voltages and current either while charging or discharging is the battery metering circuitry.

I'm trying to find why it only read 70% and also displayed a huge drop in battery life? Could meter be that far off, 30% seems huge.

Explanation above for "stop charging battery".

And why wasnt that recommended by tier 2 tech rep or moto tech?

It's far too complex for most phone users to grasp and even less likely they'll implement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

Last edited:
OP
SGTSCHU

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Well, the cycle continues with another CLN (Certified, Likely Non-functional) for random reboots. Was offered a Nexus or Rezound as alternate swap out. Maybe black just isn`t my color so went with white. As much as I pleaded, no Maxx...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums