Razr Update issues

andrewdexter

Reaction score
Hey guys, so i recently switched from my bionic to a razr, I used titainium backup to back up stuff and put it on the razr. (i know it doesnt matter as of right now) but whenver i check for updates is says update is not available and to try again later, it has been doing this for the past week and half. is anyone else having this issue, or is it just me. and if it is just me is there a fix for it without factory resetting it?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What system version are you currently running? Have you tried while on WIFI and cellular data? Anything other than root and TiBu on your Razr, like a ROM or anything?

OP
A

andrewdexter

Reaction score
What system version are you currently running? Have you tried while on WIFI and cellular data? Anything other than root and TiBu on your Razr, like a ROM or anything?
System version is 6.16.211.XT912
have tried both wifi and cellular data (4g and 3g)
and nope just TiBu and super user, no roms.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm confused...what kind of update? That's the message you receive when you're looking for phone/system updates which if you are not on the stock version or off your phone is already on the latest version, you will get that message. 6.16.211 is the most current update.

OP
A

andrewdexter

Reaction score
I'm confused...what kind of update? That's the message you receive when you're looking for phone/system updates which if you are not on the stock version or off your phone is already on the latest version, you will get that message. 6.16.211 is the most current update.

I have never seen that message before on any of my androids. i know its on the current version. but it always says "check for update is not available at this time, try again later" normally it says "no update available" unless they changed it and im mistaken.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you freeze anything with TiBu? Mine still says No Update Available. I have had that Check for Update is not available at this time, it usually goes away after awhile. I think their servers lose connection from time to time.

OP
A

andrewdexter

Reaction score
Did you freeze anything with TiBu? Mine still says No Update Available. I have had that Check for Update is not available at this time, it usually goes away after awhile. I think their servers lose connection from time to time.

No. i havent purchased the full version of TiBu yet. i know ive had it pop up randomly on my bionic and it went away. But it has been doing this since ive had the phone. Guess ill hold out on factory resetting until there is an update for it and it still doesnt work. lol. thanks guys

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh gees, you're right but I think with a rooted phone you will get the "not available" message. I could be wrong. I actually get a completely different message because I have a rom installed.