OTA update on 12/27 for 3g/4g issues on RAZR?

mleber

Reaction score
I am having a lot of problems with my RAZR phone when it switches from 4g back to 3g, I lose data connection a lot. Verizon told me it was a known issue with Motorola phones and that a fix was in the works. My co-worker who has a RAZR also tells me there was an update yesterday to "fix network switching issues". I did not receive that update and my phone tells me it's up to date when I check for updates.

Did anyone else get this OTA push yesterday? Any idea why I would not have received it? Idea of what I could do next? This issue has affected my phone so much I thought about returning it and going to the Nexus and then I opened the Nexus forum and saw they had many issues as well so I think I am staying put. I like everything else about the RAZR and have not had any other issues.

Stock RAZR, not rooted, current system version 6.11.748.xt912. Did get an update a few weeks back but this was before I called Verizon and they acknowledged the issue after the last update.

Thanks.

OP
M

mleber

Reaction score
748 appears to be the current version

Thanks! My co-worker must have just gotten that update yesterday and if it is current, it didn't fix the network switching issues.

chasmccl

Reaction score
Ran OTA update with no problems this AM on Droid Razr - After receiving 1st update notice, I checked 'Install later', then I ran Dragon OTARootkeeper to save root support settings, then I unrooted and waited for next announcement to run the upgrade - worked like a charm!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

mleber

Reaction score
Thanks, but you received a push, I did not and my phone tells me it is up to date. What release build does your phone show? Thanks fort responding.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My wife got the update this morning in Cleveland, OH. Stocker activated Christmas day.

OP
M

mleber

Reaction score
My wife got the update this morning in Cleveland, OH. Stocker activated Christmas day.

I am in Cleve also, no update. Can you tell me what her build info shows under the about phone in settings? Thanks

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am in Cleve also, no update. Can you tell me what her build info shows under the about phone in settings? Thanks

Can do later, when I get home.

gindel

Reaction score
I got the update this morning in Detroit - update went fine...although now, I no longer have 4G or 3G service...

chasmccl

Reaction score
BTW - the de-rooter I used is Voodoo OTARootkeeper, not Dragon - SAT

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Im having bad data issues also, have been since i got it on 12-23, i checked for updates the day after i got it and installed the update it found, had data issues before and after update, i talked 2 a guy at verizon and he said "its a known issue and there working on an update already" i thought he said it was called "mr2 update" but im not sure if thats correct

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
So ive been using quite a bit of data 2day and havent dropped data for like 4-5 hours, it used 2 drop every 10-15 min or so. I noticed last night that i had an app in my app drawer called "sim toolkit" that nobody seems to know what it does or what its for, when i click ob it it does notging,and now its gone. I wonder if it has anything to do with maybe verizon or motorla doing something to try to fix the data or sumthing?

Reaction score
I recieved the update. it installed fine but also having the 3g/4g issues. drives me crazy. i have to go into airplane mode for it to hopefully come back. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. i even set up a smart action later to turn off 3g while screen is off and no movement detected. it hardly came back. i just tweeted motorola to fix it cause we shouldnt have this problem on a $300 give or take some phone.

version is 6.11.748.XT912

also another known issue i been having is yahoo email not connecting to imap.verizon.com or something. so i just been going to full website but still... email and browsing are the most things i do on a phone and these two are the biggest issues..