To Kill a G Watch

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!?!?!?! SHARE THIS KNOWLEDGE JSTAFFORD!!!!!!!!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I get SO many notifications each day between text, email and the 6 forums I frequent, I can't imagine having to deal with the constant vibrating on my wrist. It seems strange they wouldn't have an option to turn the vibrating feature off and have either an led blink or the screen flash instead.
Another question guys: are you able to pick and choose what notifications you receive on the watch, or does it have to do with whatever you have set up on your smartphone, is how it will be setup on the watch?
Good stuff guys....pretty impressive regardless.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I get SO many notifications each day between text, email and the 6 forums I frequent, I can't imagine having to deal with the constant vibrating on my wrist. It seems strange they wouldn't have an option to turn the vibrating feature off and have either an led blink or the screen flash instead.
Another question guys: are you able to pick and choose what notifications you receive on the watch, or does it have to do with whatever you have set up on your smartphone, is how it will be setup on the watch?
Good stuff guys....pretty impressive regardless.

S5 tap'n
You can mute notifications by swiping over and selecting "Block App" when you get a notification from that app. You can also manage your blocked apps from the companion app on your phone.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can mute notifications by swiping over and selecting "Block App" when you get a notification from that app. You can also manage your blocked apps from the companion app on your phone.
Do by default they're all on and you uncheck the ones you don't want notifications on in the companion app?
This stuff is all new to me so forgive if I seem overly basic in my questions.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do by default they're all on and you uncheck the ones you don't want notifications on in the companion app?
This stuff is all new to me so forgive if I seem overly basic in my questions.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Correct, but you're better off to wait to block then as they come to the watch though. That's much quicker. In the companion app, you have to tap the +, then select the app from the list of all of your apps & repeat for each app you wanna block, where it's just an extra swipe to the side on the watch when it has a notification.

AFAIK, the only way to unblock apps is through the companion app. That's just a matter of going into the list of blocked apps & clicking the X by any one you want to unblock.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct, but you're better off to wait to block then as they come to the watch though. That's much quicker. In the companion app, you have to tap the +, then select the app from the list of all of your apps & repeat for each app you wanna block, where it's just an extra swipe to the side on the watch when it has a notification.

AFAIK, the only way to unblock apps is through the companion app. That's just a matter of going into the list of blocked apps & clicking the X by any one you want to unblock.

My Gear companion apps have a "select all" feature which I tapped then went back and added the ones I want to notify since it was just a few.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I originally disabled some apps, but have since let them all do their thing again.

I get notified most often by Tapatalk these days & it doesn't bother me to have to swipe it away once in a while. I still like the notifications on my wrist when I'm not busy working on something else, so I just ignored them or clear them when I am.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I originally disabled some apps, but have since let them all do their thing again.

I get notified most often by Tapatalk these days & it doesn't bother me to have to swipe it away once in a while. I still like the notifications on my wrist when I'm not busy working on something else, so I just ignored them or clear them when I am.

That's how I am as well. I'll either swipe or just ignore if I'm busy. It ain't like it uses extra battery until you acknowledge the notification the way Android used to do back in the early froyo days.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
How's this for battery life

30aa92eb53892edbdb24546ef775e294.jpg

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No... Was at work and it was just in my pocket all night. Only setting changes was screen on all the time. Turned that off since I couldn't wear it.