So the Apple watch is a flop....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
bwahahahahahaha
How ridiculous.
News this week that Apple Watch sales are down 90% from week 1 numbers.
90%.
They are only selling about 20,000 per day.
That's... PER DAY.
What a freaking failure.
We know Apple profit margins are high so let's assume they get at the low end $50 per unit. $50 x 20,000 = $1,000,000 per day. $7MILLION a week.
This is a failure!!!!

I really wish people would stop rooting for Apple to fail. Look, I love Google too but I would wan't to live in a world that was 90% Android and 8% Apple, and 2& Microsoft. We need competition and to root for Apple to fail is.... hell it's anti-American. :D

/rant

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I laughed at this report too when I read it yesterday. Who was this company again that gave the data?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wish my bank account was full of those "failures".

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You know they have an expression here in Asia.. "Big Face" Those are the ones that buy the best of the best, or the most expensive or what's popular.... just to own it.

Apple has enough "Big Face" to make anything they launch a success.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The only watch I would seriously consider right now is the LG Urbane LTE.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw 1 follow up comment that made sense to define flop or not. First month , lots of sales, last month few sales. Had those been reversed?
These companies work with unimaginable sums of money so we have to look at other numbers to keep the eyes and brain from swimming at all thuis zeroes after the initial 1-9 number.
To me the design of any watch that relies so heavily on the phone doing the work and it basically being a secondary screen that shows results of the phones work is a failure. My Fit works exactly the same way, thus a BIG reason it was a failure in sales. Add in Samsung usual half way efforts then quick abandonment and it was a recipe for disastrous sales. Apple watch is selling to nobody outside of Apple purists and until it becomes more independent (adding Wi-Fi but the phone still doing 99% of the work means nothing but even worse battery life) it'll never take off in a market that still isn't ready for smartwatches, no matter how dedicated the purists are.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
We are diametrically opposed MBMark. I LIKE the watch being a compliment to the phone. I DON'T WANT a stand alone product... that does not interest me.
I don't want a separate data plan.... for a watch. I don't want to talk to my wrist to make a phone call. I don't want to have to wear a BT Headset to make a call.
I just want a watch that tells time. Finds my phone. Ensures I don't leave my phone somewhere. Lets me deal with notifications without stopping what I am doing or who I am talking to so I can pull my phone out, wake it, unlock it, and see what just buzzed at me.

In short: I love them just the way they are.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are diametrically opposed MBMark. I LIKE the watch being a compliment to the phone. I DON'T WANT a stand alone product... that does not interest me.
I don't want a separate data plan.... for a watch. I don't want to talk to my wrist to make a phone call. I don't want to have to wear a BT Headset to make a call.
I just want a watch that tells time. Finds my phone. Ensures I don't leave my phone somewhere. Lets me deal with notifications without stopping what I am doing or who I am talking to so I can pull my phone out, wake it, unlock it, and see what just buzzed at me.

In short: I love them just the way they are.
I'm not talking about a phone butler or standalone anything.
Are you familiar with Splashtop? It's an app where your desktop does the work but your tablet or phone is the screen but accepts touches to tell the desktop what work to do over a wireless connection. That is what an Apple watch does. It's just mostly a screen that you touch. It is nothing like Android Wear or Tizen. That is why there's a lag on Apple watches and Gear Fits not found on any other watch os. Lag is a term not used on any Apple product except their watches.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple is all hype and no bite. They suck. I hate them and I do root for them to fail.

Also, I'd like to see the actual profit on this before we say this isn't a failure. I can guarantee you Apple spent more than $150 million in R&D on this thing. At $150 million they are still in the hole.

P.S. the watch itself is butt ugly.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
They've easily made 150mil if sales numbers are to be believed.
200,000 a day for the first month or so? 20,000 a day for 8 more weeks? I did the math, very conservatively on another forum and estimated 174mil.
That's if these numbers are to be believed. I honestly don't believe apple is selling 20k per day 3 months in...

TapaTurbo