So the Apple watch is a flop....

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Supposedly 75% of the smartwatch market already....although I think that only shows crApple fanboys' willingness to buy anything Apple.

It's ugly and I heard doesn't work that well...but it has GPS and a heart rate monitor, which inexplicably I think only one Android watch has (but it's actually running Tizen).

This is another head-scratcher to me that the Android OEM's aren't going aggressively after the fitness market. If you want to try to get people to wear watches again, seems like it would be common sense to start with the number one functional reason for wearing one. Seems like most people would like to wear a watch and leave the phone at home for their runs and weightlifting.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Supposedly 75% of the smartwatch market already....although I think that only shows crApple fanboys' willingness to buy anything Apple.

I disagree with this, that Apple fanbois will buy anything that says Apple on it. You just have to remember the walled garden thing. If Google did what Apple does and you had 2 phones you could buy...say a Nexus 5 and 6... and that was it. Then they release a watch.... they'd say the same thing about us. lol They don't have a CHOICE.

DIFFERENT NOT THE SAME!!!!! :D

It's ugly and I heard doesn't work that well...but it has GPS and a heart rate monitor, which inexplicably I think only one Android watch has (but it's actually running Tizen).

Disagree. It's pretty damn sexy, If it was a little thinner and rounder I'd say it would be near perfect. The screen is gorgeous. And it works well for what it does (notifications n stuff). NO idea about GPS n stuff.
It doesn't have an ambient mode, which I think is absolutely ridiculous. You have to wake it to see the time...
They had to do that to get it to last a day. ;)

This is another head-scratcher to me that the Android OEM's aren't going aggressively after the fitness market.
Agree, but...

If you want to try to get people to wear watches again, seems like it would be common sense to start with the number one functional reason for wearing one.
As opposed to telling the time? And how can you possibly say this is the #1 function? You're losing sight of the fact that MOST people aren't like you, Mr. Hardbody. ;) This is why America is the 3rd or 4th fattest nation on Earth. People that workout religiously are a minority.
Fitness is the #1 priority to a large minority. I don't want that crap on my watch...
(I'm exaggerating for affect a little here, but...)

Seems like A LARGE MINORITY would like to wear a watch and leave the phone at home for their runs and weightlifting.

*Fixed
;)

PS: There is a product for you.

Fitbit Surge Fitness Super Watch

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

This is another head-scratcher to me that the Android OEM's aren't going aggressively after the fitness market. If you want to try to get people to wear watches again, seems like it would be common sense to start with the number one functional reason for wearing one. Seems like most people would like to wear a watch and leave the phone at home for their runs and weightlifting.

Those reported numbers are fluff by a company that no one has ever heard of.

Apple never released sales numbers so those numbers are sheer speculation to make their stock look better.

I'm not discounting that they sold a truck load of watches. They can sell anything in the world to millions of people.

Reactions: cr6

JeriSF

Reaction score
You know they have an expression here in Asia.. "Big Face" Those are the ones that buy the best of the best, or the most expensive or what's popular.... just to own it.

Apple has enough "Big Face" to make anything they launch a success.
We have a word for that here in the US #sheeple

DCUO Heroes/ Iconic Vixen, Athena
Villains/ John Constantine, Wyrdsands
GTAV- vixen-on-deck
TESO-Nexiv Eno

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Those reported numbers are fluff by a company that no one has ever heard of.

Apple never released sales numbers so those numbers are sheer speculation to make their stock look better.

Thank goodness they did. I just made another $12 the other day. Keep speculating! :cool:

In all seriousness, I feel Apple either won't release these numbers because of how unfulfilling they were OR they are trying to hold back the true numbers until after the summer season over to make their numbers look a little better to investors. This is supposedly the fastest selling product Apple has sold so we shall see whenever they do decide to release the numbers.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness they did. I just made another $12 the other day. Keep speculating! :cool:

In all seriousness, I feel Apple either won't release these numbers because of how unfulfilling they were OR they are trying to hold back the true numbers until after the summer season over to make their numbers look a little better to investors. This is supposedly the fastest selling product Apple has sold so we shall see whenever they do decide to release the numbers.
Isn't every last released "the fastest selling ever" for Apple? Like they raise movie ticket prices then say gross sales figures are up?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: cr6

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Isn't every last released "the fastest selling ever" for Apple? Like they raise movie ticket prices then say gross sales figures are up?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Funny you mention that, I also work for a movie theatre as a manager. However, the number break down usually goes like this:

Remember, these are on average:
- 1% goes the actual movie theater. Yeah we get the crap end of the deal.
- 65% goes to the production company and film studio
- 34% Goes to everyone that worked on the movie (actors, directors, techs, etc.)

So, since CGI is getting more and more expensive to implement and everyone wants to see everything in IMAX, costs are going up. So (at least how it was explained to me by a studio rep) they have to force the chains to raise the prices to cover that cost. Kind of different than what Apple has going on.

As for Apple, there's not too much I can go into since I am considered a representative. However, there's a lot of things news outlets aren't taking into consideration like increase in purchasing tech in general. I'm pretty sure if I were to hazard a guess, technology purchasing has doubled or tripled in the past couple of years. I know correlation does not usually equal causation in these cases, but it only takes one to open their eyes and see more people with smartphones in their hands.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
1%? Wow. That explains concession prices

TapaTurbo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Some producers are so greedy they ask for a percentage of that too. James Cameron during Avatar release sure did.
I thought that was kinda the rule of thumb, that they got paid for concessions as well as movies. I didn't know it was only some of them doing it.
I was using movie prices as just an example of numbers without the story. Both Apple and Samsung fudge numbers by skewing the data . Sort of like corporate reported profits or government figures. It depends on what agenda they're trying to push which way they skew the numbers. My old company, years ago had 2 sets of published numbers. Those before minion profit share bonus (always bad news) and those after the bonuses to the minions (always higher). Samsung/Apple says they sold a gazillion in 30 seconds then later shows the flip side of the coin that they were pre sales or promised buys by stores/carriers . The government revises its numbers on Friday evening as well, after the pundits have all left for the weekend and they won't remember the revisions on Monday , thus protecting the stock from a plummet. If gas/food/clothes prices are rising they take those numbers out of published results unless they're trying to get interest rate changes at the prime level. Now they're leaving fuel prices out of the figures for fear of seeing a deflationary economy.
It's all a scam on an unimaginably large scale.
But I still hope the Apple watch succeeds for no other reason than make others keep from getting complacent and lazy in their push forward of wrist tech.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I disagree with this, that Apple fanbois will buy anything that says Apple on it. You just have to remember the walled garden thing. If Google did what Apple does and you had 2 phones you could buy...say a Nexus 5 and 6... and that was it. Then they release a watch.... they'd say the same thing about us. lol They don't have a CHOICE.

DIFFERENT NOT THE SAME!!!!! :D

Disagree. It's pretty damn sexy, If it was a little thinner and rounder I'd say it would be near perfect. The screen is gorgeous. And it works well for what it does (notifications n stuff). NO idea about GPS n stuff.
It doesn't have an ambient mode, which I think is absolutely ridiculous. You have to wake it to see the time...
They had to do that to get it to last a day. ;)

Agree, but...

As opposed to telling the time? And how can you possibly say this is the #1 function? You're losing sight of the fact that MOST people aren't like you, Mr. Hardbody. ;) This is why America is the 3rd or 4th fattest nation on Earth. People that workout religiously are a minority.
Fitness is the #1 priority to a large minority. I don't want that crap on my watch...
(I'm exaggerating for affect a little here, but...)

*Fixed
;)

PS: There is a product for you.

Fitbit Surge Fitness Super Watch

Spoken like a true fanboi! ;)

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking also if you're neither...