Titanium Backup Sync to Dropbox

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
3 months after getting my new Droid 2, rooting it, getting the 2.3.20 OTA update, re-rooting, and countless hours of setting it up and customizing it and tinkering with it, I decided to do what I had not done before, use Titanium Backup to sync it to Dropbox. I set up a Dropbox.com account, logged in, and started the sync.

455 MB, 2368 files, and it took 11 FREAKING HOURS to upload it all the Dropbox.

3G connection went in and out throughout the process, kept having to restart the sync, thank goodness it picked up where it left off when I had to restart it, and didn't have to do the whole thing all over again.

I hope I never have a major problem where I have to use it, but I also hope I never have to do it again.

At least download speeds are faster than upload speeds LOL dancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
one word: Wifi

lol woulda saved u a lot of time

SPerry

Reaction score
DropBox would use the higher speed WiFi connection to upload / download files. If you are moving large amounts of data it is always preferable to be connected to a wireless network.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DropBox would use the higher speed WiFi connection to upload / download files. If you are moving large amounts of data it is always preferable to be connected to a wireless network.

Ahhh, but I dont have WiFi in my apartment. I do have high speed cable, but I'm hardwired. I wish I could have done it from my laptop, it would have only taken minutes...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well u coulda copied ur TBU folder from ur sdcard to ur computer to dropbox and done it that way

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well u coulda copied ur TBU folder from ur sdcard to ur computer to dropbox and done it that way

Well hells bells there's another lesson learned the hard way LOL :icon_eek:

Thanks man!