Pictures syncing to Dropbox

derh2o

Reaction score
after installing JB, pictures i take on my phone do not automatically sync to the Dropbox Camera Uploads folder. Any ideas how to making syncing work again like it did with ICS?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
after installing JB, pictures i take on my phone do not automatically sync to the Dropbox Camera Uploads folder. Any ideas how to making syncing work again like it did with ICS?

Go into Settings (Lower left soft button at bottom of screen) > scroll down to "accounts" > tap on "Dropbox" > tap on your account name > tap the menu soft key at the bottom of the screen and tap "sync now".

Also, tap on "account settings" and then tap on "turn on camera upload".

I had this turned on on my phone but thought it was a royal pain. It drained my battery very fast and slowed my phone down quite a bit... but I have and take a lot of pictures and videos.

David

OP
D

derh2o

Reaction score
David, thanks a million. As it turns out, JB must have deleted Dropbox from my accounts. i added it and now all is working
great. thanks again.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Go into Settings (Lower left soft button at bottom of screen) > scroll down to "accounts" > tap on "Dropbox" > tap on your account name > tap the menu soft key at the bottom of the screen and tap "sync now".

I had this turned on on my phone but thought it was a royal pain. It drained my battery very fast and slowed my phone down quite a bit... but I have and take a lot of pictures and videos.

David

Did you have the option to sync via WiFi only? I back up my pictures to Google+ and have it set to do it WiFi only, which generally is when I get home.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Did you have the option to sync via WiFi only? I back up my pictures to Google+ and have it set to do it WiFi only, which generally is when I get home.

Yes, I have it. If you go into the dropbox settings on the phone and tap on "camera Upload", it gives you two choices; Wifi only and WiFi+Data.

David

Davedavedave89

Reaction score

David

I can't seem to press the "Sync Now" button. I can only seem to press the "Remove My Account" button. Any suggestions?
My dropbox was syncing perfectly, automatically syncing immediately on wifi, but I just realised that it has not synced photos for roughly 1 week. I've tried putting it on Wifi + data as well, no luck.
Any help?

sabsera

Reaction score
I can't seem to press the "Sync Now" button. I can only seem to press the "Remove My Account" button. Any suggestions?
My dropbox was syncing perfectly, automatically syncing immediately on wifi, but I just realised that it has not synced photos for roughly 1 week. I've tried putting it on Wifi + data as well, no luck.
Any help?

I have the same problem. All my photos were automatically syncing to dropbox until about a week ago and now I can't press "Sync Now" only "remove account" just like previous poster. I still have plenty of storage space on my dropbox account. Same as above. Thanks for any help on this.

Ben Dugan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung note 3
I have the same problem. All my photos were automatically syncing to dropbox until about a week ago and now I can't press "Sync Now" only "remove account" just like previous poster. I still have plenty of storage space on my dropbox account. Same as above. Thanks for any help on this.

Same here. Note 3. Can't press "Sync Now", only "remove account". And my pictures have not uploaded for about a week now. It always used to work very conveniently. I'm wondering if Samsung has clobbered dropbox somehow with its "cloud" settings.

Any tips?