Playing mp4 files from DropBox

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by droiddds, Jul 24, 2010.

1. droiddds

droiddds New Member

I have a 64.3 MB mp4 file uploaded to DropBox that when I click on it with my Droid X appears to be loading but then "Error - File cannot be displayed or played." pops up. The file plays with QuickTime on my MacBook Pro when I access it from DropBox. Anyone have any suggestions.
  2. tallnerd1985

tallnerd1985 New Member

Make sure when you are encoding the movie file, such as using Handbrake or DVDcatalyst, make sure you have the Quicktime Fast-Start enabled because that will allow the movie to become streamable from either Tversity or DropBox.
  3. droiddds

droiddds New Member

Make sure when you are encoding the movie file, such as using Handbrake or DVDcatalyst, make sure you have the Quicktime Fast-Start enabled because that will allow the movie to become streamable from either Tversity or DropBox.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll try that.
  4. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

This might help:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/59636-streaming-video-android-dropbox.html

There is no DVD Catalyst version for the Mac, but if you encode your movies using an iPod/iPad/iPhone profile (maybe modify it to increase the resolution) and enable the qt fast start option it will work just fine.

If you download a few sample trailers mentioned in the article, you can try it with those to make sure things work.
Search tags for this page
2014 07 09 192241 mp4 dropbox
drop box mp4
dropbox error loading file
dropbox error mp4

dropbox mp4

dropbox play mp4

how to get mp4 to work on android dropbox
how to play dropbox mp4 on galaxy s3

mp4 dropbox android

mp4 files not playing on dropbox

playing mp4 dropbox files ipad