Playing mp4 files from DropBox

droiddds

Reaction score
I have a 64.3 MB mp4 file uploaded to DropBox that when I click on it with my Droid X appears to be loading but then "Error - File cannot be displayed or played." pops up. The file plays with QuickTime on my MacBook Pro when I access it from DropBox. Anyone have any suggestions.

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
I have a 64.3 MB mp4 file uploaded to DropBox that when I click on it with my Droid X appears to be loading but then "Error - File cannot be displayed or played." pops up. The file plays with QuickTime on my MacBook Pro when I access it from DropBox. Anyone have any suggestions.

Make sure when you are encoding the movie file, such as using Handbrake or DVDcatalyst, make sure you have the Quicktime Fast-Start enabled because that will allow the movie to become streamable from either Tversity or DropBox.

OP
D

droiddds

Reaction score
Make sure when you are encoding the movie file, such as using Handbrake or DVDcatalyst, make sure you have the Quicktime Fast-Start enabled because that will allow the movie to become streamable from either Tversity or DropBox.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll try that.

D

dvdcatalyst

This might help:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/59636-streaming-video-android-dropbox.html

There is no DVD Catalyst version for the Mac, but if you encode your movies using an iPod/iPad/iPhone profile (maybe modify it to increase the resolution) and enable the qt fast start option it will work just fine.

If you download a few sample trailers mentioned in the article, you can try it with those to make sure things work.