Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions' started by guitarchris123, Mar 14, 2011.

1. lee__D

lee__D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Watch it and see if. It goes down in realtime now. If. It was not reading. Properly u may not have. Been at 24 before the pull

2. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at 15%, it was 100% when I unplugged. I did not bump charge.
    3h53m
    Display - 60% - 58m
    Cell Standby - 6% - 3h53m (time on without signal 0%)
    Android system -6% - 6m 43s
    DroidForums - 6m9s - 5%
    Phone Idle - 4% - 2h53m

The rest is misc games (3% or less and maps/voice calls)

WTF IS WRONG?

4. tdog7879

tdog7879 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is a bump charge ?

5. xier

xier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the findings - my DX has very good battery life --- BUT --- it does not have LTE!!! I'm willing to sacrifice battery for LTE -- at least until the next LTE comes out - Bionic etc...

6. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    your readings lok the same as mine were so you're in the same boat I was , you need to adjust your display settings , it makes a huge difference

7. v4npro

v4npro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was at 90% and decided to reboot the phone and after reboot, I'm at 65%... What the.........

8. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe this is a bump charge (copied from the first post in this thread). I'm gonna try this tonight while at work.

Update - I came across another technique, it sounds a little strange but it apparently came from HTC regarding the EVO...some users appeared to have experienced gains from it:
    34. "Calibrate" battery - (1) Turn device ON, charge it for 8 hours (or until LED turns green), (2) unplug and turn it OFF, plug it back in and charge for 1 hour (or until LED turns green), (3) unplug and turn it ON, wait 2 minutes, turn it OFF, plug it back in, and charge for 1 hour (or until LED turns green), (4) unplug it, turn it ON, and use normally.

9. biggles

biggles Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah but is that the kind of battery that is larger than the original? If so it will protrude from the normal phone shape and won't work with standard windshield mounts. I prefer a larger battery that doesn't take up extra space.

10. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    don't quote me on any of this stuff because I'm new like most people on here are but I'm pretty sure just about any battery with a larger capacity is going to make your phone thicker. Tonight i saw windshield mounts at Sears and Radio Shack that will work with a thicker phone

11. Blackhawk55

Blackhawk55 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! Does the Hokey Pokey come to mind to anyone else?

I'm thinking rubbing chicken bones together and lighting incense might help. :)

12. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say that mine could be improved, but that is WITH display adjustments, sync adjustments etc. My screen is the dimmest it can be (all the way down on the scale). I don't use vibrate, wifi, bluetooth, gps ANYTHING. I can't really do anything else and still use the phone. Last night, I left it unplugged with 80% battery at 3am. By 5am it was dead as a doornail.
    I honestly think I have a defective battery, because two hours on standby when it's not searching for signal, feeding lots of widgets, task killers ect is unacceptable. I'm on my second charge today since 9am, and I'll probably have to charge again over night.

Search tags for this page
how to extend battery life on htc thunderbolt
how to save battery life on htc thunderbolt
how to save battery life on thunderbolt
how to save battery on htc thunderbolt
htc thunderbolt battery life
htc thunderbolt battery life tips
htc thunderbolt battery tips
htc thunderbolt tips
save battery on thunderbolt

thunderbolt battery life