Time to stand up and get thus Unlocked...

Cooly1911

Reaction score
No offense- rooting my OG DROID changed my life and those days of flashing a new rom every couple days searching for the perfectly one was fun and overclocking it/tweaking the ram to eliminate lag and give her speed- but I don't see any need to root ny bionic... it's already screaming fast with specs that don't even reach their limit... no more need for root to have free wireless tether... and romming is more likely to kill features(4g, camera, etc) than to help anything.... I couldn't care less about my bootloader being locked unless there was something I actually needed root for. And if I cared that much about the bootloader then I would've just bought the nexus. I wouldn't knowingly buy the bionic and then ***** about it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

No offense- This thread isn't for you. The rest of us still get the same kick out of rooting, changing roms, themes, overclocking, ETC. just as much today as the first time we did it to the original Droid. It is however considerable more difficult today, than it was then. Hence the reason we have lost developers. Funny thing is it hasn't stopped us, or the developers, just slowed things down and made them more difficult. Actually, the only things I lost romming was the c**p I don't want on my phone anyway.
I think locking the bootloader is a way to limit what is supposed to be an "open source OS". Open to change, upgrade what we want.

Right?

Cooly1911

Reaction score
MOSH The Sequel Begins: Motorola's Release of "Dev Edition" RAZR Sparks Protest
Of course, with Android we have a plethora of carrier issues, ultra-competitive manufacturers, and rampant lawsuits, each with its own share of drama. Probably one of the most interesting controversial topics of January was the MOSH 2.0 edition in which Motorola fans are brandishing their pitchforks and petitions to try and pressure Moto to unlock their bootloaders. This was in direct response to Motorola releasing an unlocked "developer edition" of the Droid RAZR to the international markets but not to the US. Folks are understandably upset at the "slap in the face" hypocrisy of that little faux paus by Motorola, and don't buy the "it's the carrier's fault" line in the least. Feel free to weigh in on this and join the petition if you so desire.