Thunderbolt will be 299.99 with 2 year contract

Reaction score
I don't get why people are PO'ed about this price. For the same price as an iPhoney 4, 32GB, you get a better processor, bigger screen, better OS, more storage space, and 4G/LTE connectivity.

This actually proves that crApple over-charges for their devices.

Dugall12

Reaction score
I agree $299 is a slap in the face to the Android loyal. At this price why not get an iphone? I've had an OG Droid since launch and I know the ins and outs of Android pretty well so 300 bucks for the same experience seems ridiculous.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I spent my BB gift card already. I'm not paying more than 250. Ill wait until its that price or less. My Eris gets the job done for now. Who knows maybe it'll be 199.99 at vzw...that'd be awesome.

Sent from my GSBv1.7-ERIS using DroidForums App

It would have been $250 had you not spent the gift card.

Frammer13

Reaction score
Bad Comparison

I don't get why people are PO'ed about this price. For the same price as an iPhoney 4, 32GB, you get a better processor, bigger screen, better OS, more storage space, and 4G/LTE connectivity.

It doesn't do the phone any justice to compare it with a phone thats been on store shelves for almost 9 months now. I personally feel the price isn't competitive. The Moto Atrix on contract is one third the price and packs better specs. I'll wait and hope for the Galaxy S 2.

Reaction score

It doesn't do the phone any justice to compare it with a phone thats been on store shelves for almost 9 months now. I personally feel the price isn't competitive. The Moto Atrix on contract is one third the price and packs better specs. I'll wait and hope for the Galaxy S 2.

The VZW iPhoney 4 has only been on the market since early February.

I remember paying many times that amount for Blackberry and other types of smartphones and these Android phones are far and away better and do more than Blackberries.

I can't guarantee it, but I think you are going to see a huge jump in all phone prices on VZW, so those waiting for the Bionic or Samsung Galaxy S2 phones may be in for a bit of a shocker... just my $.02

B

bthomp21

sorry, but i guarantee the tb will have about 100 threads, "my tb used to be fast" "the battery life sucks" etc.

Frammer13

Reaction score

The VZW iPhoney 4 has only been on the market since early February.

I remember paying many times that amount for Blackberry and other types of smartphones and these Android phones are far and away better and do more than Blackberries.

I can't guarantee it, but I think you are going to see a huge jump in all phone prices on VZW, so those waiting for the Bionic or Samsung Galaxy S2 phones may be in for a bit of a shocker... just my $.02

Your correct on the release date for the Iphone 4 on Verizon however there were no spec boosts. So how would that make it any different from it's brother at AT&T.

And I agree phones are about to get pricey even on contract. I just feel the better investment is in a phone that brings more to the table.

46hemi

Reaction score
the real test will be how other carriers price similar phones. Lets see what Sprint says for the Evo2. I doubt its going to be 300.

Reaction score

sorry, but i guarantee the tb will have about 100 threads, "my tb used to be fast" "the battery life sucks" etc.

I have very little space left on my Thunderbolt (internal as well as SD card) and over 35 apps loaded, and this phone absolutely SCREAMS.

I get it, the iPhoney has a great battery... but you have to use iTunes, everything costs an arm & leg, and you can't remove the battery or buy and extended battery because crApple seals their phones off so that (god forbid) someone want to upgrade the battery and/or memory.

B

bthomp21

thats the same ol story, cant remove the battery, cant upgrade memory. the sad part is, you dont have to with their quality of products.

Reaction score
Your correct on the release date for the Iphone 4 on Verizon however there were no spec boosts. So how would that make it any different from it's brother at AT&T.

And I agree phones are about to get pricey even on contract. I just feel the better investment is in a phone that brings more to the table.

To be honest, they changed the stupid antenna design (which is still death-grip prone, btw) and the type of cell antenna. May not show up on a spec sheet but they still had the opportunity to change/improve the design.

What about my post (More storage, LTE connectivity, larger screen, etc.) makes you think that the iPhone 4 brings more to the table other than battery life?

I just don't want to see all you that are supporting crApple phones/devices come back in a few months when the iPhone 5 comes out and it's $50 more than the TBolt was when it was released. (Again, I can't prove that, but mark this down, I have a feeling that my guesstimate will come true.)

Reaction score
thats the same ol story, cant remove the battery, cant upgrade memory. the sad part is, you dont have to with their quality of products.

How does quality of product have to do with storage space?

I will take swapping out a battery or charging the phone for 30 minutes in the middle of a day rather than have to pay out the buttocks for music/apps/videos and have to succomb to crApple's censorship.

They may be innovative, but everyone takes their innovation and makes it 200 times better and cheaper to boot.

(Am I still posting on an Android message board? Just checking...)

B

bthomp21

yeah, you are. but your points arent good points. really, you need more than 16gb of storage when you leave from your computer?

it just gets old saying its crapple and cant customize!?!? its a phone, not a computer.

Frammer13

Reaction score
Apple is for baddies

To be honest, they changed the stupid antenna design (which is still death-grip prone, btw) and the type of cell antenna. May not show up on a spec sheet but they still had the opportunity to change/improve the design.

What about my post (More storage, LTE connectivity, larger screen, etc.) makes you think that the iPhone 4 brings more to the table other than battery life?

I just don't want to see all you that are supporting crApple phones/devices come back in a few months when the iPhone 5 comes out and it's $50 more than the TBolt was when it was released. (Again, I can't prove that, but mark this down, I have a feeling that my guesstimate will come true.)

I think you got the wrong idea. I am in no way saying the iPhone is better. I'm am saying that the Thunderbolt is overpriced. If all of "crAPPLE's" products are overpriced why is the Thunderbolt's price point anywhere near it?

Secondly I will never buy an apple device or product. I'm a graphic designer and could care less what Apple brings to the table.

I am however interested in the Samsung Galaxy S 2 which has a better display, more efficient processor, thinner design, more RAM, twice the amount of built in storage and Bluetooth 3.0.. It will ship with Gingerbread. It will also pack NFC.

I'm not saying the Thunderbolt is awful. I just don't think it is the right move for me. I'm sure it will be a wonderful device for anyone who buys it.

silvervagon

Reaction score
I am however interested in the Samsung Galaxy S 2 which has a better display, more efficient processor, thinner design, more RAM, twice the amount of built in storage and Bluetooth 3.0.. It will ship with Gingerbread. It will also pack NFC.

I'm not saying the Thunderbolt is awful. I just don't think it is the right move for me. I'm sure it will be a wonderful device for anyone who buys it.

And how long until the Galaxy S2 is released?